These online and printable word games are an excellent way for kids to practice their spelling and learn new vocabulary for Valentine's Day. Though most of these puzzles are fairly easy, some of them can be quite daunting, making them suitable for adults.
Games to Play Online
These games are played online, and require no additional extensions or plug-ins:
- Valentine' Day Word Search: From ABCYa, this easy word search game allows you to set a difficulty level from pre-K to grade 6-plus, then asks kids to find 10 words (small game) or 15 words (big game) from a grid of letters. Players must wait for ads to play before each game, but there is also a paid ads-free version.
- Valentine's Day Puzzle: Also from ABCYa, this is a shape-matching game for young children, in which they drag chocolate candies back to a gift box, matching the shape of the candies with the openings in the box. Here, too, players must wait for ads to play, or sign up for the paid, ads-free version.
- Valentine: From The Word Search, this Valentine's-themed puzzle can be played online, or printed as a PDF page. It is refreshingly free of ads and is easy to play yet challenging enough for adults or older children.
Printable Search Puzzles
For classroom solving, we suggest a variety of free printable Valentine word search puzzles listed by difficulty level from very easy to challenging.
- Our Valentine's Day Word Search: In this easy Valentine word game, 12 related words are hidden in a very small jumble of letters. Solution provided.
- Valentine's Day Elementary Word Search: This printable word-search features 16 Valentine's Day words in a medium-sized grid. Solution provided.
- Valentine's Party Word Search: The challenge is to find the 25 hidden words naming sweet treats, decorations and other things you're likely to find at a party. Solution provided.
- Valentine's Day Early Intermediate Word Search: 30 Valentine-themed words are hidden in a medium-sized grid of letters. Solution provided.
- The Perfect Gift Word Search: A word list of 35 romantic gift ideas to give to your Valentine is featured in this challenging word game. Solution provided.
- Valentine's Day Word Search: You can practice a lot of Valentine's Day vocabulary by solving this word puzzle with a whopping 42 words.
- Valentine's Day Mega Word Search: This challenging word game will keep you busy for a long time finding the 68 themed entries in the puzzle. Solution provided.
Solving crossword puzzles is a great way for children to develop vocabulary skills and have fun, too. These easy to challenging crossword games for kids use themed entries related to the St. Valentine's Day celebration.
- Valentine's Day Picture Crossword: At DLTK for Kids, you'll find an easy Valentine picture crossword for young puzzlers. The picture version of the crossword is a good choice for preschoolers or primary level students who are just learning how to read. Older children can use the verbal clues given in the regular crossword game to solve the puzzle. Available in black and white or color.
- Valentine's Day Crossword: An easy crossword game featuring ten themed entries. Solution provided.
Online Crossword Puzzles
These themed crossword games are for playing on the computer. They can be fairly difficult, making them more appropriate for older children, adults and second language learners:
- Valentine's Day Crossword Puzzle: From ESOL Education, this puzzle can be played online or printed.
- Valentine's Day Crossword Puzzle: From ABCYa, this is a simple crossword puzzle for kids, with versions tailored for different grade/age levels.
- Valentine's Crossword Puzzle: From Kidzworld, this puzzle is appropriate for tweeners or young adults. It can be played online or downloaded and printed.
Hearts, cupids and other symbols of Valentine's Day are featured in this free online jigsaw puzzle game:
- Valentine Jigsaw Puzzle: From PrimaryGames, a leading source of educational online games, this is a 20-piece classic jigsaw puzzle.
Hidden Picture Puzzle Games
Play these hidden picture games on your computer, or print them to solve on paper.
- Valentine’s Day Hidden Pictures Activity Pages: This collection of 11 simple drawings calls for finding a variety of shapes within the illustrations. The drawings can also serve for crayon or colored-pencil exercises.
- Valentine Bear: For younger children, this hidden-object puzzle from Highlights for Kids asks you to find 12 objects within an illustration of two bears courting.
Other Great Valentine's Day Games
Here are some other memory games, word ladders, cryptograms and other easy puzzle games with a Valentine's Day theme.
- Valentine Riddles: In this printable puzzle, each letter of the alphabet has been given a number. Use the answer key to find the answer to the riddles.
- Squigly's Secret Code: Each letter has a corresponding symbol. Substitute the letter for the symbol to decipher the secret message.
- Squigly's Secret Message: Solve the clue and enter the answer in the corresponding line. Once you've finished, read down the first letter of each word to reveal the secret message.