It's that time of year when families celebrate the end of the harvest season by getting together and giving thanks with a huge feast. For Thanksgiving Day fun that won't pack on the pounds, try these free Thanksgiving printables that include crossword puzzles, trivia games, word search puzzles and other themed puzzles and games for children and adults.
Thanksgiving Crosswords and Trivia Worksheets
How proficient are you when it comes to Thanksgiving trivia? Get together with the family this Thanksgiving and solve the American-style crossword puzzles listed here. Puzzles are suitable for older children and adults. In some cases, you play the crossword online, but in most cases, you print it and solve the crossword on paper.
- Thanksgiving Crossword Trivia Puzzle This simple downloadable crossword puzzle worksheet is suitable for older children.
- The Pilgrims. The New York Times Learning Network provides this puzzle you can work online or print. This puzzle is for the adults in the family.
- Thanksgiving Crossword Puzzle Worksheet. This printable worksheet is for older children. Print it from the website.
The following puzzles are printable PDFs:
Thanksgiving Memory Games
Daily brain training activities such as playing memory games may help improve memory and attentiveness in older adults, and memory games are fun for just about everyone. These basic memory games are themed for Thanksgiving fun for the whole family.
Thanksgiving Word Search Puzzles
These word games of medium difficulty can be played online or printed.
For more puzzles appropriate for the whole family, check out these puzzles:
Thanksgiving Jigsaw Games
At Jigsaw Planet, you can find several jigsaw games with a Thanksgiving Day theme. Here are the best ones for turkey day fun.
- Fall Harvest - Pumpkins and a horn of plenty overflowing with fruit and vegetables are pictured here. This game comes in four difficulty levels: 20 pcs | 40 pcs | 80 pcs | 120 pcs
- Picking Pumpkins - This 80-piece jigsaw game may seem a bit daunting at first because of the trapezoid piece cut, but it's actually fairly easy to assemble.
- Pumpkin Patch - This 150-piece puzzle features hundreds of pumpkins lined up in a row.
- Pumpkins - Four pretty pumpkins are the focus of this autumn scene. At 208 pieces, it is one of the most difficult jigsaw puzzle featured here.
- Harvest Memories - This puzzle featuring pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn is a challenging 208 pieces.