If you are a keen rubber stamper and are creating beautiful items using your rubber stamps and other supplies, you might be considering how you can make money from your craft. Whether you are looking to start a new career or simply want to make some extra cash by selling handmade cards to family and friends to buy some new supplies, there are plenty of ways that you can use your rubber stamping and crafting skills to make money.
Check out our list below for ideas and advice for getting started.
- Rubber Stamping Opportunities - There are many opportunities for making money with rubber stamping, including making and selling handmade cards and becoming a demonstrator for a rubber stamp company. Learn about the different opportunities open to you and tips for getting started.
- Sell Your Finished Work Online - There are many places to sell your work online, as well as find crafting supplies. These sites are a great way to sell your own hand stamped items or to test the water before starting your own online store. You can sell everything from hand stamped jewelry through to wedding stationery.
- Handmade at Amazon - In the late summer of 2015, a new opportunity for craftspeople and artisans has opened up recently. Handmade at Amazon offers artisans a new platform to sell their handmade work. Handmade cards and other stationery is among the categories which are currently available.
- How to Price Your Cards - Getting the pricing and costing right on your cards is important when you are starting out. Price them too high and they will not sell, too low and they end up costing you money! Successful pricing entails taking into account all of your costs plus market conditions.
- How to Sell Your Handmade Cards - Whether you sell your cards direct to family and friends, or through a website or other channel, here are a few key tips that will help you succeed. Learn more about selling handmade cards or find a free price calculator which you can use offline as well as online.
- Become a Stamp Designer - If you are artistic, you may consider creating your own range of stamps. Creating digital stamps is a great way to start as you don't need any significant outlay of start-up cash, and you can test the water to see what works.
- Write and Sell Tutorials - If you have perfected some techniques which create beautiful end results and you love communicating with people, another way you could consider making money from your craft is to write and sell tutorials. You will notice that there are a variety of places which allow you to sell tutorials including Etsy. You could also go a step further and consider writing a book.
- Angel Policies - If you are going to sell handmade cards using rubber stamps it is important that you know what an Angel Policy is and how it applies to you. An Angel Policy is the terms under which a stamp designer sells their stamps. Some stamp manufacturers and designers prohibit the sale of items created using their stamps, so it is important to check the situation early on.
- How to Write an Angel Policy or End User License Agreement - If you are going to create your own stamps or artwork then you will need to write your own Angel Policy or End User Agreement. This is essential to protect your artwork.
These are just a few ways to start making money from your hobby. With a little creative thought, you'll find that a whole new range of opportunities will open up to you!