01 of 06
What is a trick wallet? See how a Trick Wallet Works. Giving someone money is always a welcomed gift and the trick wallet will last a lot longer than the cash!
- Fabric - two different prints, two of each approximately 7"x3 1/2"
- Stiff Interfacing such as Timtex or a comparable product. (Two scraps 6 1/2"x3")
- Complimentary thread
- Fusible Web
- A sewing machine with adjustable zigzag possibilities
- Approximately 15" of 1/4" wide ribbon
Continue to 2 of 6 below.
- Cut two piece of the stiff interfacing 6 1/2"x3"
- Cut two of each fabric 7"x3 1/2"
- Apply fusible web to the wrong side of each piece of fabric.
- Create a sandwich of the two fabrics with the interfacing in the middle.
- Press the interfacing into the fabric sandwich.
- Trim the fabric to the edges of the interfacing.
- Gently round off the corners by trimming away the sharp corner.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon 3 1/2" long
- Cut two pieces of ribbon 4 3/4" long.
02 of 06
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- Using photo A as a guide, Place the 3 1/2" pieces across the fabric, 1" from the end.
- Place the 4 3/4" pieces of ribbon 1 1/2" from the end, crossing them in an X as shown in the photo. Trim the longer ribbon ends to make the angle.
- Pin the horizontal ribbons on the inside edge as shown in the photo.
03 of 06
Pin & Tack the Ribbon
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- Pin the ribbon at the spots shown by the blue dots in photo B.
- Tack the ribbons at the pinned spots, along with the edge of the fabric.
04 of 06
Start the Satin Stitching
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Set up your sewing machine for satin stitching and test the stitching on similar scraps.
- Starting on the short edge of the fabric, approximately an inch before the corner, satin stitch the edges that have the ribbon tacked to them, leaving the ribbon extended as shown in photo C and stopping on the opposite short edge.
05 of 06
Finish Attaching the Ribbon
Place the satin stitched edges 1/4" apart and place the ribbons as shown in photo D. Tack the ribbons at the edge of the fabric, as shown by the blue dots in photo D.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Finishing the Satin Stitching
- Satin Stitch the remaining edges.
- Trim all threads.