01 of 04
Make Your Own Football Pillow
Do you know a couple of rambunctious football lovers who love to play ball in the house? This pattern might be just what you need. You can use this pillow as a safe toy to keep kids busy on a rainy day. It also works as a decorative pillow in a boys room or sports themed den. Pillows are generally a pretty easy to make and this pattern is no different. It can be handsewn
if preferred but a sewing machine will make quick work of this pattern. The directions are for use with a sewing machine.Continue to 2 of 4 below.
02 of 04
- 2/3 yards of football brown fabric
- Narrow white ribbon or white thread and zigzag capabilities
- A print out of pattern piece 1, pattern piece 2 and pattern piece 3
Continue to 3 of 4 below.
- Tape the pattern pieces together, matching the squares.
- Use the pattern to cut four of the fabric.
- Copy pattern markings on to two of the cut pieces.
03 of 04
Free Pattern and Directions to Sew a Football Pillow - Process
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Lay two marked pieces, right sides together and stitch a 1/4" seam from mark A to mark B on marked edge.
- Press the seam open.
- Set your sewing machine to satin stitch.
- Satin stitch on the center seam from point C to point D. If you don't have zigzag capabilities, use narrow white ribbon to create the markings.
- Satin stitch across the first satin stitches approximately 2 cm between the numbered markings.
- Lay the other two pieces together and stitch a 1/4" seam from mark A to B Along one... edge. Open both stitched sections.
04 of 04
Free Pattern and Directions to Sew a Football Pillow - Finish & Tips
- Line up the unstitched end of both joined pieces, making sure to line up your seams.
- Stitch from mark E to mark F, leaving an opening large enough for your hand to fill the pillow.
- Turn fabric right side out.
- Stuff with fiberfill to your personal preference. The amount you stuff it will change the stiffness of the pillow.
- Slip stitch the open area.