Sarah started writing for The Spruce Crafts in March 2019. She has also written for Glamour, Self, Parents, and more.
- Sarah has written for The Spruce Crafts since March 2019.
- She has a dual degree in Art History and Political Science as well as a Certificate of Women’s Studies from Duke University.
- She has also written for Glamour, Self, Parents, Marie Claire, FashionWireDaily.com, TimeOut NY, GoLocalPDX.com, and many others.
Sarah began writing for The Spruce Crafts in March 2019. She has also written for numerous other websites, magazines, and newspapers, such as Glamour, Self, Parents, Marie Claire, FashionWireDaily.com, TimeOut NY, GoLocalPDX.com, pdxparent.com, and Shop Etc. After almost 10 years living in NYC and writing for women’s fashion magazines, including at the now-defunct Mirabella, she moved to Portland, Oregon, where she now lives with her husband and five (yes, five) children. She recently won a Silver Award for Travel Writing from the Parenting Media Association for her PDX Parent Magazine story, “Winter Adventures, A-Z.” You can follow Sarah on Instagram @slvanbuskirk and on Twitter @slvanbuskirk.
She has a dual degree in Art History and Political Science, as well as a Certificate of Women’s Studies from Duke University.
- Field Trip: Oregon Historical Society, Pdxparent.com
- Mommy's Having a Baby, Parents
- When ADHD Is All in the Family, ADDitude
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.