Poodle skirts are fun to wear and a Halloween favorite. Even a toddler or infant in a stroller can have a poodle skirt with an appropriate sized poodle appliqué with the variety that are available. Wright's and Simplicity have made poodle skirts a simple project. 5401 Girls Poodle Skirt and Simplicity pattern Women's Poodle Skirt are "Easy To Sew" patterns and with Wright's poodle appliqués they are easy to finish.
Many fabrics make great circle skirts but for costumes, remember felt. Not only is it inexpensive, it will save you hours of hemming since felt will not fray. Many knit fabrics also do not fray and can be time saving when making a costume. Just make sure you have sharp fabric scissors that will cut smooth continuous lines or use rotary cutting tools.
Many free circle skirt sewing patterns are available on the Internet for your costuming or clothing needs:
- How To Sew a Circle Skirt - DIY Fashion Tutorial - This site explains the math in depth so you understand every step of the process.
- No more circle skirt maths ladies, we've got an app! - This site does all of the calculations for you so half the work is done!
- How to Sew a Circle Skirt in 30 Minutes - This free pattern is an elastic waist version of a circle skirt.
- How to Make a Circle Skirt - This free pattern instructions has wonderful step by step diagrams that a beginner will find very helpful.
- How to Make a Circle Skirt Without a Pattern - These free directions are very in depth and show you how to add a pocket to your circle skirt.
- How to make a Russian Gypsy (Russka Roma) dance skirt - This skirt is much fuller than a regular circle skirt and may be perfect for your wardrobe or for a costume!
- Tutorial: The Circle Skirt - This free pattern is a fantastic fashion skirt using wide elastic. Information about dying the elastic is included in the directions.
- BurdaStyle - Make the Lesley Circle Skirt - You must log in to download the free PDF pattern but this wrap around skirt may be exactly what you are looking for.
- Square Circle Skirt Tutorial - This adorable skirt is not a typical circle skirt but has what may would call a handkerchief hem.
- DIY: Circle Skater Skirt (Quilted) - a fabric waistband is part of this pattern. A great skirt for cheerleaders, skaters and other sports.
- Twirling Skirt Tutorial - I love the waistband options shown on this circular skirt referred to as a twirling skirt. Every little girl should have one even if it is just for dress up days.
- Girl's hi Low Circular Skirt Tutorial This skirt is longer in the back than the front and may be just perfect for your little girl.
- Tulle Circular Skirt Tutorial - Tulle skirts are popular and many people look for instructions for this type of skirt to wear under a poodle skirt for the "puff" factor.
- The Stitching Scientist How to make a half circle skirt - Not everyone wants a skirt that is a full as a circle skirt. This may be perfect for you!
- Easy Circle Skirt Tutorial - This pretty, flowing skirt tutorial includes instructions for adding a zipper.
- Zipper Free Half Circle Skirt Tutorial - This zipper less skirt is constructed a little differently to make the elastic waistband.