01 of 07
Paper Flower Gift Box Topper
Gifts always look unique when you add some type of embellishment. Paper flowers are available for purchase at the craft store and always add a special touch to presents. Although you may purchase them, these paper flowers are super easy to make at home. Not only will you save money when making them yourself, but you will have the added benefit of choosing unlimited colors or paper types. Premade flower embellishments only come in a few colors. When you make them yourself, you have the option of making them your way!
These flowers are 3 3/4 inches in size, but you can adjust them in your digital die cut software to your liking. The possibilities are endless! These paper flowers coordinate very well with the paper origami box project.
Continue to 2 of 7 below.
- Scrapbook paper or other type of sturdy paper
- Flower Template (download files here: pdf, ai., dxf, eps, wpc, and svg files are provided)
- Double-sided foam tape or pre-cut foam dots
- 12 or 18 millimeter clear jewel
- Bone folder
- Old mouse pad or a craft foam sheet
- Craft knife (if you are cutting by hand)
- Digital die cut machine
- Pencil or pen
02 of 07
Download the Files
Continue to 3 of 7 below.
- Download the digital die files or pdf printable templates.
- Cut out the three flower parts on your digital die cut machine.
- If you are cutting the flower parts by hand, print the pdf template on an 8.5-by-11-inch sheet of scrapbook paper, and then carefully cut out the flower parts with a craft knife.
03 of 07
Score Vertical Lines
Continue to 4 of 7 below.
- Place the flower parts facedown onto an old mouse pad or sheet of craft foam.
- Score vertical lines onto the back of each flower petal with a bone folder.
04 of 07
Roll the Petals
Roll each petal around a pen or pencil vertically and horizontally. This will give your petals additional depth and dimension.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Use Foam Dots to Secure Petals
Continue to 6 of 7 below.
- Place a foam dot onto the center of the largest petal template.
- You can also use regular double-sided foam tape. Cut a tiny piece of the tape, remove the paper, and place it onto the center of the largest flower template. This will be the bottom portion of the flower embellishment.
- The foam dots or tape add added depth and dimension to the paper flower, giving it a three-dimensional appearance.
06 of 07
Place the Petal Circles Together
Continue to 7 of 7 below.
- Place the second largest flower petal circle onto the bottom petals, and make sure that the top petals are placed between the bottom petals as in the photo above.
- Press center of top petal template down firmly.
- Place a foam dot or piece of cut foam tape onto the center of the top petal template.
07 of 07
Finish the Flower
- Place the smallest flower petal circle onto the other two flower petal templates and press the center firmly to make sure the petals adhere to one another.
- Place a foam dot or piece of tape on the back of the jewel
- Apply the jewel to the center of the paper flower.
- Curl the petals with your fingers to add depth to the flower.
- Apply a foam dot or foam tape to the bottom of the flower and attach it to a gift package.