- Author of Collecting With Kids: How to Inspire, Intrigue and Guide the Young Collector, Warman's Costume Jewelry, and Buying and Selling Antiques & Collectibles on eBay
- Contributor to national antique-related periodicals including Antique Trader, Heritage Magazine, Treasures, and Numismatist
- Co-founder of Costume Jewelry Collectors International, an educational website
Pamela Y. Wiggins is a former writer for The Spruce who contributed 438 articles on antique collecting. Pamela's latest book, Collecting With Kids: How to Inspire, Intrigue and Guide the Young Collector, is based on her long-running Heritage Magazine for The Intelligent Collector column. She is also the author of Warman's Costume Jewelry (Krause). Her past work as an author includes penning Buying and Selling Antiques & Collectibles on eBay (Thomson Course Technology). Her articles on varied antiques and collectibles topics have also appeared in a number of national periodicals including Antique Trader, Treasures, and Numismatist, along with many regional publications like Where GuestBook New York.
She is the co-founder of Costume Jewelry Collectors Int’l (CJCI), an organization providing online educational resources for collectible costume jewelry enthusiasts. Pamela has been called upon as an expert consultant on the business of buying and selling antiques and has been interviewed as an antique expert on numerous television and radio programs.
Pamela completed the International Society of Appraisers core courses in appraisal studies. She earned her bachelor's degree in journalism with magazine concentration from the University of Texas at Austin.
Publications and Awards
- Warman's Costume Jewelry: Identification and Price Guide Paperback (Krause, 2014)
- Buying & Selling Antiques and Collectibles on eBay (Buying & Selling on eBay) (Course Technology PTR, 2003)
- Collecting With Kids: How To Inspire, Intrigue and Guide the Young Collector (Krause, 2016)
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.