01 of 06
Origami Water Bomb Step by Step Instructions
Learn how to fold the coolest origami model ever, the traditional origami water bomb! This cube-shaped origami model is not a box, instead, it is inflated by blowing into it!
You can use this awesome model in many ways, draw a face onto it and stick some ears on, hang them up as a pretty paper garland, you can even use these to cover Christmas lights, make small ones and use them as beads for handmade jewelry.
You will need one sheet of square paper for this, I suggest starting with paper that is at least 15 x 15 cm or larger. You can make smaller ones later :)Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Origami Water Bomb Instructions - Step 1
1. Start with your paper white side up if you have one.
2. Fold in half diagonally and unfold.
3. Fold in half the other way diagonally.
4. Fold the top left corner down to meet the bottom left corner.
5. Flatten the fold inside.
6. Bring the right corner to meet the top left corner.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Origami Water Bomb Instructions - Step 2
7. This is called the 'water bomb base' -
8. Start with your model like this.
9. Fold one layer from the right up to meet the top point.
10. Do the same on the left.
11. This is the result.
12. Do the same on the reverse side.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Origami Water Bomb Instructions - Step 3
13. On one layer of the left side, bring the top point down the bottom point and make a small crease in the middle.
14. Unfold the last step, you will now have a little mark.
15. Fold one layer from the right to meet that little mark.
16. Now fold the left corner to meet the other side.
17. Flip the model over and do the same on that side.
18. Bring the top flaps down to the middle as well.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Origami Water Bomb Instructions - Step 4
19. Do the left flap too.
20. Rotate the model.
22. Fold the bottom flaps up and over the triangular flaps in the center.
23. Unfold the last step and insert those flaps into the slots on the triangular flaps.
24. Do the same on the left side.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Origami Water Bomb Instructions - Step 5
25. Repeat steps 18 - 24 on the reverse side.
26. Fold the top section down to the middle.
27. Unfold the top and bottom flaps.
28. Open out the sides.
29. Find the little hole at one end and blow through it :)
30. It's done!