01 of 05
Origami Peace Dove Step-by-Step Instructions
Learn how to make a traditional origami Peace Dove, this origami bird is quite easy to make and has no complicated folds.
A dove is a symbol of peace for some religions, in Christianity, a white dove holding an olive leaf in its beak appeared in the story of Noah's Ark.
This Origami Dove could also be a parrot or other bird! They would look pretty if you made a few of them for a wall display! A small one could be included on a baby mobile or hung as a statement piece on its own.
Continue to 2 of 5 below.
- 1 sheet of square paper
- For the tutorial, we used thin paper that was 20 x 20 cm. With the same color on both sides.
- If your paper has a white side, you will not see the white color on the finished model.
02 of 05
Origami Peace Dove Tutorial - Step 1
Continue to 3 of 5 below.
- Starting white side up, fold your paper diagonally in half and then in half again. Start with your paper in the position shown.
- Fold the bottom left of the top layer up to the top right corner.
- Repeat on the back.
- This is what you should now have.
03 of 05
Origami Peace Dove Tutorial - Step 2
Continue to 4 of 5 below.
- Make sure the paper is in this position.
- Fold one layer from the bottom corner up to the top.
- Unfold and reverse inside fold the last crease.
- Flatten the model again.
04 of 05
Origami Peace Dove Tutorial - Step 3
Continue to 5 of 5 below.
- Repeat the last fold on the back. This is the view from the top.
- Fold the head of the dove down like this.
- Inside reverse fold the head.
- Pull the beak until it's in the position you want.
- This is what it should look like.
05 of 05
Origami Peace Dove Tutorial - Step 4
- Fold one of the wings up, and repeat on the back.
- Fold the tail to meet the vertical line.
- Open the tail out and reverse fold the last crease.
- Wrap the tail around the body.
If you had some trouble following along, start from the beginning, it can take a couple of tries.
For more tutorials and also video tutorials, check out the youtube channel called Paper Kawaii.