01 of 05
Origami Hexagonal Dish Tutorial
Learn how to make a pretty and functional hexagonal origami dish or bowl.
This origami dish is perfect to serve snacks or sweets at a festive party, or store your jewellery and other small items in style!
Previously I posted a tutorial on how to make an origami star dish that starts with a pentagon, you can check that out here.
You will need just one sheet of paper for this tutorial, if you use paper that has different colours or patterns on each side, the result will very unique. I suggest using paper that is sturdy but it will also work with thin paper.
If you're looking for a super easy origami dish/bowl, you can start with the Easy Origami Candy Box which is suitable for complete beginners.Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Origami Hexagonal Dish Tutorial - Step 1
Start off with your hexagon, learn how to make one from a rectangle here.
1. We'll be fold the paper on the lines indicated.
2. Fold each flat edge to the center and unfold.
3. You should be left with these folds.Continue to 3 of 5 below.
03 of 05
Origami Hexagonal Dish Tutorial - Step 2
4. Fold the hexagon in half, point to point on all 3 axis.
5. You should be left with these folds.
6. Now fold all 6 points inwards along the lines that are indicated.
7. You should be left with this pretty star shape :)Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
Origami Hexagonal Dish Tutorial - Step 3
8. Now again fold all 6 points inwards as shown.
9. You should now have this, flip the paper over.
10. You'll be folding along the lines that are indicated.
11. Fold each point into the middle and unfold.
12. You should now have this.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05
Origami Hexagonal Dish Tutorial - Step 4
13. Push all 6 flat edges inwards to create the star shape.
14. Keep straightening the edges and you can adjust the structure of the dish.
If you would like the folds to be on the inside instead of the outside like the purple dish in the picture, don't flip the paper over in step 9, instead just continue folding on that side.
Did you make a hexagonal origami bowl? Tag #paperkawaii on instagram so that I can see!
For more tutorials and also video tutorials, I run a youtube channel called Paper Kawaii, also check out some of my websites below if you like :)