Learn how to fold your square origami paper into fifths and make a grid of fifths with an easy to follow directions. Origami paper folded into fifths is sometimes required to make boxes, origami ninja stars, and other origami projects.
- Square piece of origami paper
- Fold the bottom edge of the paper up to the top, making only a small pinch on the right edge.
- Fold the bottom right corner up, starting from the left corner and the little pinch you just made.
- Fold the top edge of the paper down, using the point as a guide, careful not to over fold, and make sure it is as exact as possible.
- Fold the bottom edge up to the top, and then unfold it again.
- Unfold the top flap. Fold the bottom edge up to the crease you just created.
- Fold the top edge down to the crease you just created in the last step.
- Rotate the paper, fold the top left corner aligning with the first vertical crease.
- Fold the bottom edge up to the bottom of the flap, and then unfold it again.
- Unfold the little triangle flap.
- Fold the bottom edge up to the crease you just made, unfold.
- Fold to top edge down to the crease you just made and then unfold again.
- Lastly, fold that top edge down to the previous crease and unfold.
You should now have a perfect grid of 25 equal squares or a grid of fifths.