This comfort blankie is sized for a cat, small dog, or other small animals.
This pattern has a one-row repeat so once the repeat is memorized, the crocheting of this little blanket can go along rather quickly. There is one special stitch used, a crossed double crochet, which looks like mini cables running up the rows.
ch = chain, crdc = crossed double crochet, dc = double crochet, ea = each, sc = single crochet, st = stitch, sts = stitches
About 5 oz. worsted weight yarn, US size H hook
Crossed double crochet (crdc) instructions: skip the next stitch, make a double crochet in the stitch that follows the skipped stitch, make a double crochet in the stitch that was skipped.
Crocheting in back loop only.
Turn at the end of each row. You will work under both loops of a stitch except where noted otherwise. Gauge is not important for this project, as this doesn't need to be an exact finished size.
About 16 inches square
- Starting Chain: Leaving a length to weave in later, chain 59.
- Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in ea ch across. (58 sc)
- Row 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc), * crdc over next 2 sts, dc in next st, dc in back loop of ea of next 5 sts, dc in next st **, repeat the directions between * and ** 5 more times, then crdc over next 2 sts, dc in last st.
- Rows 3 - 30: Repeat Row 2.
- Row 31: ch 1, sc in ea dc across. (58 sc)
- End off, leaving a length to weave in. Weave in ends securely, weaving back and forth several times on the back of the blanket, working under the back part of several stitches so that the ends will not unravel over time.