Mélanie is the General Manager and Senior Vice President of the Home vertical at Dotdash, which includes The Spruce Crafts, The Spruce, The Spruce Pets, and MyDomaine.
- 15+ years experience writing, editing, and producing lifestyle content
- Countless appearances on national television
- Extensive experience executing branded content campaigns
- Expertise in building brands on social media, particularly Instagram and Facebook
Prior to joining Dotdash in 2018, Mélanie was the Chief Editorial Director of Thought Catalog, where she led a team of 20 staff writers and managed all strategic partnerships, acting as the bridge between the editorial and sales departments. She has worked as a producer and writer for brands including MTV, Vanity Fair, Elle, New York Magazine, The Atlantic, Cosmopolitan, Salon, Esquire, Maxim, and iHeartRadio. She started her career as an Analyst in the Fixed Income Division of Credit Suisse.
As General Manager and Senior Vice President of The Spruce, Mélanie oversees all content initiatives and business strategies for The Spruce Crafts, The Spruce, The Spruce Pets and MyDomaine. She has 15 years of experience creating, managing, and publishing lifestyle content across platforms.
Read more about The Spruce Crafts's Editorial Policies and Standards.
Mélanie earned a B.A. in Political Economy from Georgetown University.
Awards and Publications
Mélanie published her first children's book, You Are Not A Princess (And That's Ok!), in 2019.
Interviews & Media
- ABC7: Fold in a Flash! Check Out These Helpful Laundry Hacks
- Good Day Sacramento: Spring Hacks for Small Spaces
- The Seattle Times: Comfy Carpet, Once Dismissed as Out-of-Date, Is Back in Vogue
- Washington Post: How to Give Your Rental a New Look—Without Angering Your Landlord
- LA Unscripted, KTLA: Spring Cleaning Tips and Hacks With The Spruce
- Style Matters: Who We Are in Our Homes During and Post Pandemic
- Lonny: How Vinegar, Lemon Juice, and Baking Soda Can Clean Everything in Your Home
- Good Day Sacramento: Don't Make These Spring Cleaning Mistakes
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Try an Earth-Friendly Spring Cleaning. Start by Ditching The Paper Towels.
- NBC News: Balloon Business Blows Up
- The Balance: Survey — Food is the No. 1 Pandemic Comfort Splurge
- NBC News: Rethinking Your Work-From-Home Wardrobe
- NBC News: Vision Boards Help People Narrow Down Their Important Values
- NBC News: Decluttering in the New Year — How to Get Started
- Parents: 7 Ways to be More Organized as a Family in The New Year
- InStyle: 13 Ideas for How To Color Coordinate Your Closet and Keep Your Clothes Organized
- NBC News: Holiday Cards — The Do's and Don'ts
- Axios: Dotdash Brand the Spruce Strikes Commerce Deal With Lowe's
- Forbes: Greenery in Your Home Reduces Stress, Improves Health
- Publisher's Daily: The Spruce Launches Home Organization Product Line With Lowe's
- With Whit: Mélanie Berliet on Creating a Cozy Home
- Washington Post: When to Replace Smoke Detectors, Sponges, Pillows and More, According to Experts
- Real Estate Boston: Design Expert Mélanie Berliet of The Spruce on Making the Most of Small Spaces
- Business Insider: IAC's Dotdash Has Built a Profitable Business Out of Service Content. Now It's Setting Its Sights on Selling Products.
- NBC News: College & Coronavirus — Packing During the Pandemic
- NBC News: Bringing the Big Screen to Your Backyard
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Building a Home Office
- NBC News: Father's Day May Look a Little Different This Year
- Money: The Absolute Best Vacuum Cleaners for Your Money
- License Global: The Spruce Releases Pet Care Collection
- Dog O Day: Dry Shampoo for Dogs Is The Latest Trend With The Help of The Spruce
- Kiplinger: 52 Super Deals and Discounts for 2020
- Petoskey News-Review: Important Life Skills for Kids to Know by Age 10
- Romper: 10 Neighborhoods in the US That Are Making the Most Out of Quarantine
- NBC News: The Do's and Don'ts of Life in Quarantine
- Yahoo: How to Create Your Own Face Mask Without Sewing Anything
- Cosmopolitan: 6 DIY Face Masks You Can Totally Make RN
- Lonny: Easy DIY Projects With Things Your Already Have at Home
- The Oklahoman: Tips for Being an In-The-Know Thrift Store Shopper
- Parents: Wine Cork Crafts for Kids, Because We Know You Have Them on Hand
- Seattle Times: Finally Accepting That You Need a Home Office? Here's How to Do it Cheaply
- The Washington Post: Everything You Need to Know to Set Up a Home Office Fast
- Cheapism: Do Diluted Soaps, Detergents, and Shampoos Still Work?
- NBC News: Cleaning for Coronavirus
- Realtor Magazine: How to Best Navigate New Color Trends
- Fox 5: Millennials Embracing "Plant Parenthood"
- Fox 5: The High Costs of Dog Ownership Shock Some Owners
- Cheddar TV: Tips to Marie Kondo Your Home and Life in 2020
- NBC News: Rules for Regifting
- Cheddar TV: Christmas Gifts You Can Make Yourself
- NBC News: How To Save Time & Money On Thanksgiving Prep, According To Martha Stewart & Other Pros
- Digiday: 'Contextual Shopping': Publishers Are Using Model Homes For Retail Experiences
- The Zoe Report: Fall Home Decor Trends for Those Who Are Obsessed With Neutrals
- Coatings World: Dotdash Brand Helping Painters ‘Spruce Up’ Their Homes with First-Ever Paint Collection
About The Spruce Crafts
The Spruce Crafts, a Dotdash brand, is a DIY craft and hobby site covering helpful tips and step-by-step tutorials from passionate makers. The Spruce Crafts reaches 6 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.