This list of more than 40 free photo tutorials for making dolls' house miniature food and play scale foods or jewelry covers everything from comfort foods and main courses to desserts and snacks. Not all the projects are made with polymer clay. Some use air dry clay, florist's foam or other materials. The tutorials are all explained with photos to make them easy for beginners.
01 of 09
Make Miniature Fruits and Vegetables
These projects introduce you to a range of simple techniques for making highly realistic fruits and vegetables in miniature scales.
- Make Lemons and Lemon Slices, Oranges, Limes or Grapefruits - polymer clay canes
02 of 09
Make Kitchen Staple Foods in Miniature, Dollhouse and Play Scales
Comfort foods and everyday dishes are a staple for dolls' house miniaturists and re-ment or play scale kitchens. Here is a range of techniques used to make them.
03 of 09
Design Your Own Miniature Cookies
Scale miniature cookies can be made in a range of designs that mimic home made and commercial baking. Try some of the methods below to extend your range of miniature accessories for parlor, kitchen or shop scenes.
04 of 09
Make Special Holidays and Celebration Food in Miniature
You can make a wide range of scale miniature foods for displays for special celebrations. Here you'll find everything from birthday and Mother's day cakes, to Haggis for Burns Suppers and Sugar Skulls For Day of the Dead Offrendas.
Continue to 5 of 9 below.
- Make a Miniature Haggis - polymer clay
- Make Sugar Skulls Polymer or air dry clay or marshmallows
- Make Cupcakes or Fairy Cakes - polymer or air dry clay
- Miniature Dollhouse Cookie Swans - polymer clay or air dry clay
- Make Photo Birthday, Father's Day or Retirement Cakes - printables and florists' foam.
05 of 09
How to Make Miniature Chocolates and Candies
Miniature chocolates and candies can be used for a range of miniature dollhouse shops and special scenes.
- Make Decorated Chocolate Easter Eggs - polymer clay or air dry clay
06 of 09
Make Miniature Deli Meats and Cheeses
With the right color mixes and techniques for blending clay, you can may a wide range of sausages and meat suitable for deli scenes or picnic spreads. Try these to learn the techniques, then create your favorites.
07 of 09
Make Dollhouse Baking and Pantry Supples
You can make dolls' house scale food packaging from printables, and you can make very realistic spills and items like raw eggs from standard art supplies.
- Printable Food Labels and Packaging - paper
- Cellophane Food Packages - recycled food packaging or cellophane
- Fruit and Vegetable Crates - Craft Wood
- Printable French Bakery Boxes - paper
- Pastry, Muffin and Chocolate Cases - tissue paper
- Fillable or Solid Cast Resin Bottles and Jars - two-part epoxy resin, epoxy putty, or liquid Fimo (deco gel)
08 of 09
Make Miniature Snack Food and Fair Foods
Of course, miniature scenes need junk food or fair food for special scenes. These tutorials have everything from ice cream cones to popcorn, bread, chips, french fries, cotton candy and mini donuts.
Continue to 9 of 9 below.
- Make Miniature Ice Cream and Ice Cream Cones - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Miniature Popcorn and a Printable Popcorn Machine
09 of 09