01 of 08
Make Coffee Filter Flowers
Get excited for spring! With all the flowers blooming outdoors, it can be fun to decorate your house with some flowers indoors too. Use coffee filters to make beautiful flowers.Continue to 2 of 8 below.
02 of 08
Supplies for Coffee Filter Flowers
You will need:
Continue to 3 of 8 below.
- coffee filters
- crayons or markers
- washi tape
03 of 08
Step 1: Coffee Filter Flowers
First, you'll need to color your coffee filters. There's a few ways you can do this:
Continue to 4 of 8 below.
- Decorate your coffee filters with crayons or markers. Just let the kids color them however they'd like.
- Watercolor your coffee filters with all sorts of colors. Let these dry and they are ready.
- Make Rainbow Colored Coffee Filters with markers and water in a fun extra science experiment. Kids can watch the colors grow and form in their coffee filters with this method.
04 of 08
Step 2: Coffee Filter Flowers
Once you have your colored coffee filters, they are ready to form into flowers. There's a few ways you can form your flowers.
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- simply scrunch them up from the center
- fold them in half and then scrunch them up
- twist them from one side
- fold them in half and roll them up like a rose.
05 of 08
Step 3: Coffee Filter Flowers
Next you will add a straw to the bottom of the flower-made coffee filter. You can slip it into the center of your rolled up coffee filter or simply add the straw to the side.
Cut or tear a strip of washi tape and secure your straw in place. *You can use regular tape for this, but the washi tape is more decorative since the tape will show at the bottom of the flower.Continue to 6 of 8 below.
06 of 08
Step 4: Coffee Filter Flowers
Do this for each of your colored coffee filter flowers - adding the straw and securing with washi tape.Continue to 7 of 8 below.
07 of 08
Step 5: Coffee Filter Flowers
Line up all of your flowers. You can coordinate with specific colors to match your home or just simple a rainbow of pretty colors.Continue to 8 of 8 below.
08 of 08
Finished Coffee Filter Flowers
Add your new colored coffee filter flowers to a vase and they are ready to display. They make a really fun gift for Easter, spring, or even Mother's day!