01 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Envelope!
Learn how to make a simple origami envelope. This looks like an envelope that you receive greetings cards in. A great handmade touch to your gifts!
This quick origami envelope is a great model to learn, you don't need any glue, if you don't have an envelope handy, you can just make one.
You'll need one sheet of square paper for this origami envelope.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Envelope - Step 1
1. Start with your paper white side up, this color will be on the inside of your envelope.
2. Take the right corner over to the left corner and make a small pinch in the very center.
3. Now take the bottom corner up to the top and make another small pinch in the center. This gives you an X mark.
4. Fold the left and right corners to meet the center of the X.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Envelope - Step 2
5. Bring the top corner to the center and make a light mark in the middle.
6. You now have a crease mark.
7. Fold the bottom corner up to the crease mark, keeping the left and right edges straight.
8. Unfold.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Envelope - Step 3
9. Fold the right edge of the bottom section inwards, aligning with the crease you just made in step 7 and unfold.
10. Fold the left side in the same way and unfold.
11. Fold the bottom corner up to the crease that is indicated.
12. Re-fold the lower right section. Take note of the X that is on the lower central flap underneath. The top right point of the X aligns with the top left corner of the flap on top.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Envelope - Step 4
13. Open out the lower section, make a new mountain fold the central flap, fold the right section underneath the central flap.
14. You can see how to make the new mountain fold.
15. This is the result.
16. Do the same on the left side.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Envelope - Step 5
17. Re-fold the lower section back up.
18. Insert the left and right flaps inside the central section that is now on the inside.
19. You could use a dap of glue on the flaps to keep them secure.
20. Fold the top down.