- Author of three books for beginning photographers including Introduction to Nature Photography and Composition in Photography
- Author of photography tutorials and articles on photo editing, photo tips, photography news, product reviews, and opinion pieces
- Professional photographer and photo editor
Liz Masoner is a former writer for The Spruce who contributed 67 articles over five years. She has been involved with photography for about 30 years, focusing on nature photography and photojournalism, and working as a professional event photographer, portrait photographer, photography teacher, and photography writer. She has three photography books to her credit, including Nature Photography, Composition in Photography, and Cell Phone Photo Tips.
Liz holds a bachelor's degree in marketing from the University of Montevallo.
Publications and Awards
- Introduction to Nature Photography (2012)
- Composition in Photography (2013)
- Cell Phone Photo Tips (2015)
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.