Labor Day, celebrated on the first Monday in September in the U.S., is a holiday dedicated to the American worker. Though there is some controversy regarding its origins, Labor Day became a legal holiday in the United States in 1894. As many school districts begin their school year immediately after the holiday,
Labor Day has come to be celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer. For some puzzling Labor Day fun, try solving these free word search puzzles with various themes related to the Labor Day celebration.
Please note that some of these free word search puzzles are in the Adobe PDF format.
Labor Day Word Search Puzzles to Print
The puzzles are listed in order of difficulty, from the easiest to the most challenging.
- Easy Labor Day Word Search - Six themed entries are hidden in a small grid in this easy word search printable.
- Labor Day Wordsearch - Seven terms related to Labor Day appear in a large grid of letters.
- Kids' Labor Day Word Search - Ten Labor Day-themed words need finding in this easy word search worksheet. Solution provided.
- Labor Day Word Search - This ten-word puzzle lists various occupations whose names are hidden in a medium-sized letter jumble.
- Labor Day Word Search - Ten words related to Labor Day are hidden in a small grid of letters in this word search printable.
- Labor Day Word Search - Fifteen words associated with workers and the labor movement appear in this word search game of medium difficulty.
- Challenging Labor Day Word Search - In this challenging word search game, 16 Labor Day words and phrases are packed into a large jumble of letters. A good choice for older children and adults.
- Labor Day Middies Word Search - General Labor Day vocabulary is featured in this 18-word puzzle. Solution provided.
- Deluxe Labor Day Word Search - The most challenging word seek game featured here, this puzzle boasts of a word list of 33 themed entries and should keep ardent word search fans busy for some time. Best for older students and adults. Solution provided.
Labor Day Crossword Puzzles to Print
If you're searching for a fun educational activity to help your children or students learn more about Labor Day, then try these crossword puzzles using vocabulary words related to the Labor Day celebration.
Children of all ages can enjoy the free Labor Day crossword games featured below. Parents and educators can print these puzzles out for offline solving.
- Labor Day Crossword - An easy, eight-word game using general terms related to work.
- Labor Day Kids' Crossword - Nine easy words associated with Labor Day appear in this crossword puzzle for beginners. Solution provided.
- Labor Day Middies Crossword - This criss-cross puzzle consists of 18 words or phrases associated with Labor Day. Solution provided.
- Labor Day Crossword - This challenging Labor Day crossword is better suited to older children and adults as the clues are a bit difficult for kids of primary school age. Interactive or print.
- Labor Day Deluxe Crossword - Twenty-six Labor Day words are featured in this crossword game of medium difficulty. Solution provided.
- Labor Day Clue Search Puzzle - Clue Search Puzzles are a combination of crossword puzzles, word search puzzles, trivia questions and hidden messages. Here's one that features words associated with the Labor Day holiday. Best suited to older children and adults.
Labor Day Word and Letter Games
Here you'll find word scrambles, cryptograms, and quizzes with a Labor Day theme. To solve these types of puzzles, you need to make use of pattern recognition skills.