What Is Kitchen Cotton Yarn?:
Kitchen cotton is a type of yarn that is useful for making projects you'd use in the kitchen: potholders, dishcloths, towel toppers, oven mitts, placemats, and other projects of that ilk. You don't necessarily have to use kitchen cotton only for kitchen projects; you could also use it for bath accessories such as bathmats and washcloths. You might also want to consider it for making accessories such as market bags or other items.
Kitchen cotton yarn is available in a wide variety of variegated and solid colors.
Characteristics of Kitchen Cotton Yarn:
- Matte, not lustrous; not usually mercerized
- Machine washable
Examples of Kitchen Cotton Yarn:
All four of these examples are worsted weight / medium weight yarns. Peaches & Creme used to also be available in a double worsted weight / bulky weight, which was handy for making substantial projects such as bath mats. If that's a product you'd be interested in, I'd recommend checking with the manufacturer to find out whether it is currently available.
Free Crochet Patterns Utilizing Kitchen Cotton:
- Easy double rainbow kitchen dishcloth
- Variegated dishcloth in earthtone colors
- Strawberry potpourri kitchen dishcloth
- Fancy dishcloth tutorial and pattern
- Variegated denim dishcloth pattern
- Camel and blue ombre dishcloth
- Denim ombre potholders
- Easy Tunisian crochet potholders
- Christmas potholders
- Diagonal stripes potholder
- Earthtone ombre potholders
- Pretty Tunisian crochet potholders
- Red white and blue potholders
- Blue, white and red potholders
- Snowflake potholder
Free Knitting Patterns Utilizing Kitchen Cotton
The following free knitting patterns are available at the About Knitting website. They were designed by Sarah E. White, your Guide to knitting.