01 of 04
Celebrating Fourth of July
Celebrate the Fourth of July by making Independence Day crafts. On this day, Americans observe the signing of the Declaration of Independence by the Continental Congress in 1776. Many commemorate the day with red, white and blue decorations and clothing, a fitting tribute to our grand flag. Why not make your own rather than buying store-bought versions? Doing so will allow you to express your patriotism in your own unique way!Continue to 2 of 4 below.
02 of 04
American Flag Crafts
The American Flag has long been a treasured symbol of the United States, but it has changed many times since Betsy Ross sewed the first one in 1776.
Initially, the flag had 13 red and white stripes and 13 white stars on a blue background. Throughout the years, a star has been added to the flag for each new state that joined the union. Today, the flag Americans display has 13 stripes and 50 stars.
Get into the patriotic spirit by trying one of these flag related crafts:Continue to 3 of 4 below.
03 of 04
Fireworks are a must-have for any Independence Day celebration. There is something magical about sitting in the dark watching a spectacular firework display.
One problem with fireworks is how dangerous they are, and since they are illegal in many places, we wouldn't want you to play with real fireworks. Instead, try making crafts with fireworks themes. For example:
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Make a colorful fireworks picture using glitter and glue.
- Discover how you can make a pretend sparkler out of a pencil and chenille... stems.
- Use a paper bag to make a firecracker you can wear.
- Print out and color some firecrackers or some fireworks.
04 of 04
A Mixture of July 4 Crafting Ideas
There is no shortage of ways to celebrate Independence Day. If none of the ideas above appeal to you, try one of the crafts below.
- Make a visor you can wear to show your patriotic spirit.
- Make yourself a red, white, and blue T-shirt to wear with your visor.
- You can also make a shining star necklace to dress up your outfit.
- Dress up your table with a patriotic treat can.
- Hang 3D paper stars all over the place.