Wrap your french press in its own crocheted blanket. A french press cozy makes an good beginner crochet project that is easily completed in a weekend. It is not necessary to work a gauge swatch for this project. Simply work a few rows of the pattern and then measure the width to see if it matches the finished dimensions of the cozy. If your piece is too big, go down a hook size. Too small? Try a larger crochet hook.
- 1 skein Lily Sugar’n Cream [100% cotton; 120 yards; 70.9 grams; worsted weight], Color: Soft Ecru #01004
- To make a yarn substitution you will need approximately 30 yards (17 grams) in a worsted weight for one french press cozy.
US H/5mm hook
Adjust hook sizes as necessary to achieve gauge listed below.
2 small toggle buttons
3.5 stitches = 1 inches in mock weave pattern
4 x 8.5”
French Press Cozy Pattern
- Ch 16 sts loosely.
- Foundation Row: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, sk next ch, 1 sc in next ch; rep from * 7 times.
- Mock Weave: Ch 1, sk 1st sc, *1 sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, sk next sc st; rep from * 7 times, sc in turning ch of the previous row.
- *Rep Mock Weave row until piece measures 8.25” or desired length from beginning.
- Button Loops
- Row 1: Ch 1, sk 1st sc, *sc in next ch-1 sp, sc in next sc; rep from * 7 times -- 14 sc.
- Row 2: Sl st in first 2 sc, ch 3, sk next sc, sl st in next 7 sc, ch 3, sk next sc, sl st in last 2 sc.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew buttons to the beginning edge to correspond to button loops made on the last row.