Hey kids! Relax and enjoy these free word search puzzles with various themes related to summer weather, things to do on a vacation, summer sports and other activities that can be enjoyed throughout the summer season. These games can be played online or printed and solved on paper.
Printable Summer Word Search Puzzles
Below, you'll find links to free summer word search games to print and solve in the classroom or on the kitchen table, listed by difficulty from the least to the most challenging. Some of these puzzles are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- Camping Word Search - Here, you'll find an eight-word game with an outdoor theme for beginners.
- Summer Word Search - This easy word search game features nine words denoting summertime activities. Solution provided.
- Baseball Word Search - This word game has a list of only eleven words, but the grid in which they're hidden contains a large number of letters.
- Summer Fun Word Search - Twelve themed entries need finding in this easy word search for beginners.
- Going to the Park Word Search - Can you find the twelve words relating to having a picnic? The grid of letters is quite small, making this a good choice for beginners. There's also a medium level version with a larger grid of letters here.
- Summer Word Search - Sixteen themed entries appear in this word search game of medium difficulty. Play it in English or in Spanish.
- Summer Holiday Word Search - In these puzzles, you're invited to find the words "summer" and "holiday". Difficulty level is determined by the size of the grid as well as the number of times the entries can be found within them. Easy - Medium - Difficult
- Ice Cream Flavors Word Search - Can you locate the names of eighteen yummy ice cream flavors hidden in this puzzle?
- Cool Drinks Word Search Puzzle - The names of twenty refreshing beverages are hidden in a medium-sized grid of letters in this word puzzle.
- Water Fun Word Search - Twenty-one words related to splashing around in H2O need finding in this word search puzzle. Solution provided.
- Ice Cream Word Search - Mmm. What better way to cool off on a hot day? This word puzzle features a list of twenty-two tasty ice cream flavors without all the calories.
- Summer Drinks Word Search - Can you find the names of twenty-two cold beverages to enjoy on a hot summer day?
- Road Trip Word Search - Summer is a great time for traveling. Here are twenty-three things you may see while traveling in the car. Solution provided.
- Summer Sports Word Search - Twenty-seven words describing sports enjoyed throughout the summer season are hidden in a medium-sized grid. Play it in English or in Spanish.
- At the Beach Word Search - See if you can find the twenty-nine words pertaining to objects and activities you're likely to see at the beach. Play it in English or in Spanish.
Summer Word Search Games to Play Online
For word search fans who prefer worEasy word search puzzles to play on your computer.
- Summer Fun Word Search - Seven beach words need finding in this easy word game.
- Summer Word Search - Twelve words related to summer are hidden in this easy word search game.
- Summer Word Search - Find the sixteen summertime words in this online word search game in large print. Play it in English or in Spanish.
- Summer Drinks Word Search - Seek out the names of twenty-two cold beverages that will quench the most stubborn of summertime thirsts.
- At the Beach Word Search - This more challenging large-print word search puzzle features the names of twenty-nine things you're likely to find on the beach. Play it in English or in Spanish.
- Ice Cream Word Search - Tempt your taste buds with this online word game.
These easy to challenging crossword games are great for vocabulary review and comprehension. Children and second language learners can both benefit from these free crossword puzzles containing clues and words pertaining to the summer season.
Summer Crossword Puzzles to Print
Here are some easy summer crossword games to print and solve offline. The puzzles are listed in order of difficulty, from the easiest to the most challenging.
Some of these crossword puzzles are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- Summer Crossword Puzzle - DLTK for Kids offers an easy summer crossword for young solvers. The picture version of the crossword is intended for preschoolers and children who are new to spelling. Older children can use the verbal clues to solve the puzzle. Available in black and white or color. Solution provided.
- Summer Crossword Puzzle - This freeform-style crossword puzzle features ten themed entries. The list of words that appear in the puzzle is provided as a solving aid.
- Summer Holidays Crossword - Twelve words related to a holiday at the beach are featured in this crossword game of medium difficulty. Solution provided.
- Summer Crossword Puzzle - Here's another easy crossword game, this one featuring fourteen themed entries in a freeform grid. The solution to the puzzle appears upside-down on the bottom of the worksheet.
- At the Beach Crossword - This picture crossword game is solved by entering the names of the objects depicted in the nineteen pictures into the grid. Solution provided. Registration required - it's free!
- Summer Vacation Crossword Puzzle - This puzzle features thirty-seven words related to places to visit, sights to see, and activities to enjoy while taking a summer holiday.
- Summer Crossword - Thirty-eight summertime vocabulary words are used in this crossword game of medium difficulty.
- Summer Wear Clue Search Puzzle - Clue Search Puzzles are a combination of crossword puzzles, word search puzzles, trivia questions and hidden messages. Here's one that features clothing worn in the hot, summer months. Better suited to older children and adults.
Jigsaw puzzles are a wonderful learning game for children as they help in developing analytical, abstract, and problem solving skills. The jigsaw puzzle games on this page feature beaches, stunning summer scenery, beautiful flowers and other summertime themes.
Summer Jigsaw Puzzles to Play Online
Play these easy summer jigsaw puzzles right on your computer. No more lost pieces or messy tabletops to worry about.
Summer Jigsaw Puzzle
A twenty-piece game featuring a charming image of a child building a sand castle.
Beach Vacation Jigsaw Puzzle
This puzzle, depicting a crowded beach in summer, has 48 pieces but can be adapted from 6 to 247 pieces.
Summer Slide Puzzle
This puzzle is similar to the "Fifteen Puzzle", also know as the "Magic Square". To solve it, you need to figure out how to slide the tiles to arrive at a summer scene.
Summer Jigsaw Puzzles to Print
Children just learning to read can still benefit from puzzle games and activities. Here, you'll find various puzzle games featuring pictures and numbers for younger solvers, including maze puzzles, spot the differences, hidden picture games and dot-to-dot activities.
Printable Maze Puzzles
For children, solving maze puzzles has certain benefits such as improving concentration and strategic planning skills. The following games explore various summertime activities, such as picnics, ice cream, and a day at the beach. Elsewhere on the Web, you can find more print-friendly maze puzzles to print and solve.
- Summer Fun Beach Blanket Maze - Help the boy find his way through all the sunbathers to the spot where he left his beach blanket.
- Sun-Shaped Maze - The little girl needs to navigate through the sun-shaped maze to get to her brother in this puzzle of medium difficulty.
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Maze - Can you help the mom and kids find their way through the maze to the frozen treats on the other side?
Kids can navigate these labyrinths and practice their counting at the same time. Simply start with the lowest number and count sequentially to arrive at the objective to be reached.
A favorite activity for young children, dot-to-dot puzzles are a fun way for kids to learn basic counting skills. Here are some printable dot-to-dot puzzles with summertime themes. The puzzles are listed from the easiest to the most difficult.
- Summer Dot-to-Dots - Five dot-to-dot games can be found here, featuring summertime themes such as beach balls, sunshine, camping and ice cream. None of these puzzles requires a knowledge of numbers greater than 35.
- Summer Dot-to-Dot Activities - This page offers six connect-the-dot activity pages featuring a kite, flip-flops, butterfly and more ranging from 15 to 27 dots.
- Kite Dot-to-Dot - This super simple connect-the-dots game uses the letters "A" through "E".
- Ice Cream Cone Dot-to-Dot - A very easy game which uses the letters "A" through "I".
- Sunshine Dot-to-Dot - Count up to 12 to complete this easy dot-to-dot game.
- Ice Cream Cone Dot-to-Dot - A more challenging game in which the child needs to know his numbers up to 41.
- Summer Sun Dot-to-Dot - The most challenging puzzle featured here, this one requires children to know their numbers up to 56.
Summer Hidden Pictures and Spot the Difference Puzzles
Playing hidden picture games is a good way for children to develop their observation skills. Below, you'll find online games and printable puzzles on which youngsters can test their observation skills.
- Summer Picnic Hidden Picture - In this game, you need to find the seven unusual or impossible objects that don't belong in a picture about summer. Print.
- Summer Fun Hidden Picture - A printable picture puzzle by Liz Ball.
- Sailboat Flags - Find the sailboat flags hidden in the picture. Print.
- Summer Spot the Difference - See if you can find all the differences between the two images. Play online.
Summer Cryptogram Puzzles
These puzzles use a simple substitution cipher to encrypt a message with a timely theme.
- Squigly's Secret Code #1 - Decipher the code and learn the secret message. Solution provided.
- Squigly's Secret Code #2 - Here's another encryption puzzle with a timely message. Solution provided.
- Squigly's Special Message #1 - Solve the clues and write the answers in the boxes. The first letter of each answer will reveal the secret message.
- Squigly's Special Message #2 - Solve the clues and write the answers in the boxes. The first letter of each answer will reveal the secret message.
Summer Memory Games
Whether played on the computer or on a desk or table with flashcards, daily brain training activities such as playing Concentration can help improve memory and attentiveness in children, older adults and the learning disabled. The following games use images related to summer.
- Summer Match Game - An easy online version of Concentration in which you need to match nine different summertime pictures.
- Summer Concentration - Slightly more challenging, in this game you need to match ten symbols of summer in order to discover the picture underneath.
- Printable Summer Concentration - Print out the memory cards for an offline version to play with friends and family.
More Summer Word Games
Summer Word Jumbles
Here, you'll find several lists of scrambled words with themes such as summer, baseball, and the beach. The game can either be played online, or the puzzles can be printed and solved on paper. Solutions to the puzzles are provided.
Squigly's Letter Drop
Enter the letters provided in the proper order in each column to decipher the special safety message.
Summer Fun Picture Sudoku
An easy, printable 6x6 Sudoku game where kids place the pictures in such a way that every row, column, and block contain only one of each.