A heart template or stencil can be used as a pattern for a craft project, a holiday decoration, or even as a coloring page that the kids can decorate. They're perfect for any time of the year, especially Valentine's Day. You can use them to cut out hearts to use for notes and cards, or decorations for a wedding, engagement party, or other event celebrating love.
These printable heart templates and stencils come in all different shapes and sizes including small, medium, and large. Hearts can also be longer, rounder or even anatomically shaped, so there are a variety of links to browse for the heart you had in mind.
Free Printable Heart Templates
Here are some printable heart templates that come in all different sizes and shapes. They're all free to print and use in your personal projects.
- First Palette's Free Heart Patterns: First Palette has five sets of heart templates, each in a different size, and is available in 1-12 per page. Besides black and white images, there are also some red hearts here that can be printed directly from the printer.
- Ask for Adventure's Free Heart Templates: Download and save these hearts as image files then print out these heart shapes onto colored paper. Or, you can use them as stencils to trace your heart crafts. There are large, medium, and mini hearts in various combinations on each page.
- What Mommy Does' Heart Templates and Stencils: There are not only different sizes of heart templates here, but there are also different shapes including rounded hearts and taller hearts. Save these hearts as image files. You'll also find an easy-to-use template for a heart note, which you can print out, decorate, and finally fold.
- Heart Templates and Cut-Out Stencils from Teal Notes: Over at Teal Notes you can find a lot of different heart templates that are free to print out and use in all your projects. There's a single heart, three hearts, small hearts, printable red hearts, a half heart, a heart template with lines for writing, and a template with all different sizes and shapes of hearts.
- Chicfetti's Free Heart Templates: There are 6 free heart templates over at Chicfetti. These are some unique heart templates that not only vary in size but also in style. They come in different shapes with different borders. When you're ready to print, just use the download button to open a PDF file of the hearts.
- Heart Templates from Simple Mom Project: Use these printable heart outlines and decorate them to create cards. There are 9 styles to choose from including ones with thicker or thinner lines, dotted lines, and decorated borders. These would really make some lovely valentines.
- Valentine Heart Templates from The Blue Bottle Tree: I love that these heart templates have the size of them printed right inside. They range from .75 inches all the way up to 5 inches, with a total of nine heart templates. These would be great to print out on thicker paper and then keep to reuse again in more of your heart projects.
- Free Heart Templates from ClipArtBest: There are heart templates here in just about every size and shape you can think of. Besides standard hearts, there are double hearts, hearts with arrows, lace hearts, hearts with stars, and more. These are available in a variety of sizes, just click on the thumbnail to read all the file info.
- Skip to My Lou's Heart Templates: Skip to My Lou has a handful of heart templates, including a page full of four hearts that are cleverly arranged so several can fit on one page. Keep an eye out for the craft project that was made with the heart templates. What a lovely way to wish someone a Happy Valentine's Day.
- Free Heart Template Printables from The Artisan Life: There are 16 free heart templates and stencils here that include hearts in many different sizes and a few unique styles that you won't want to miss.
- Heart Gift Tag Template from Homemade Gift Guru: Create a simple heart gift tag with this free template complete with a hole for a string or ribbon.
- Free Heart Bunting Template from Brother: Create a heart bunting with these free heart templates that already come with a pattern but can be used as a template for your own creation.
- Free, Printable Heart Templates from The Kitchen Chair: These aren't different sizes of hearts but rather different shapes. Each heart has a unique shape to it with one even including an arrow.
- Heart Template and Heart Outlines from Burlap and Blue: There are different sizes and different shapes of heart templates and outlines here. Each page has one heart on it.
Can't get enough hearts? Be sure to check out this list of free heart clip art, free Valentine's Day clip art, and printable valentine coloring pages.