Earth Day word search puzzles are a fun, educational activity to help your students or children celebrate the holiday. They can strengthen their vocabulary skills while being reminded of what makes our planet so special. The following Earth Day word search puzzles are free to print, and there are a few you can complete online. They are organized by skill level and recommended grade level.
01 of 04
The Earth Day word search puzzles below have 15 or fewer hidden words to find. These easy puzzles are great for kids in grades 1 to 3.
- Simple Earth Day word search: This six-word puzzle is great for younger kids.
- Word search with pictures: There are just seven words to find in this easy, four-page, word search puzzle with an included answer sheet. You'll need a free membership to log in.
- Earth Day word search and maze: There are 10 words hidden inside this puzzle, and there's an attached sheet for an Earth Day maze.
- Word search with a few long words: There are 12 words to find in this puzzle that's best for second- or third-graders.
- Environment-themed word search: There are 13 slightly advanced words hiding in this puzzle that has a climate theme. It's ideal for second- and third-graders.
- "Superhard" word search: This 15-word puzzle is labeled as "super hard" because the words can be spelled forward, backward, diagonally, up, or down. However, the words are on a first- through the third-grade level.
- Conservation-themed word search: This is another simple Earth Day puzzle with 15 words to find.
- Recycling word search: There are 15 words to find in this colorful Earth Day puzzle that's all about recycling.
02 of 04
Medium Difficulty Puzzles
These Earth Day word search puzzles have a moderate difficulty level with between 16 and 29 words to find. They work best for students in grades 4 and 5.
- Planet word search: Find the 16 words that are hidden forward, backward, diagonally, up, and down.
- Elementary-age word search: There also are 16 words hiding in this puzzle from TeacherVision that's meant for grades 3 through 5.
- Earth Day worksheet: Print out this Earth Day worksheet to find the 18 hidden terms, such as planet, soil, water, environment, and conserve.
- Save the planet word search: There are 20 hidden words about recycling and conservation in this free puzzle. You'll need a free membership to log in.
- Earth Day holiday word search: You'll also need to find 20 words in this puzzle that celebrates the Earth Day holiday.
- Science word search: You'll be on the hunt for 27 hidden Earth-related words in this free puzzle from Science Kids.
- Sustainability word search: This free printable worksheet also has 27 hidden words to find that is all about conservation and protecting the environment.
- Earth Day every day: This Earth Day word search puzzle has 28 words to find, all themed around protecting the planet.
03 of 04
Try these Earth Day word searches if you dare. There are so many letters jumbled up in the puzzles that they're sure to make you think. They're built for kids in grades 6 and up as well as adults.
- Difficult Recycling word search: This Earth Day word search is on the more difficult side with 15 words to find. The words run forward, backward, diagonally, up, and down.
- Earth Day challenge: There are a whopping 64 words to find in this free, printable Earth Day word search. And many of the words have a substantial number of letters. Fortunately, a clear answer key is provided.
04 of 04
These Earth Day word search puzzles vary in skill level and are all online, which means you don't have to print them to complete them.