If you'd like to try crocheting a unique piece of clothing, a skirt would be a lovely choice. Crochet skirts can be made in all different designs, lengths, and styles and they can be made to suit women of all ages, sizes and fashion preferences. Here is a collection of beautiful free crochet skirt patterns to try.
01 of 07
Spiderweb Crochet Skirt Pattern by Josi Hannon Madera
This long, pretty skirt is form-fitting at the top, but it finishes in a dramatic flair of spider-web-inspired crochet lace. In a way, it kind of reminds me of a wearable doily. The skirt pattern is posted as a free download at Ravelry.
02 of 07
Chevron Skirt Free Crochet Pattern
This free crochet skirt pattern is offered online through Tension magazine. Like the one above, it is designed by Jos Hannon Madera. As you can see, the same crochet designer is able to create radically different designs.
The beautiful retro style of the chevron, the fun colors, and the shorter length make this one dramatically different from the lacy maxi design of the spider web pattern. Josi drew her inspiration for this crocheted skirt from world-famous Missoni knitwear designs.
03 of 07
Sea Breeze Crochet Skirt Pattern by DROPS
If you were to wear a crocheted skirt to your next yacht club get-together, this is what it might look like. The free crochet pattern is posted at the DROPS/Garnstudio.com website. The DROPS website is truly a great place for different crochet skirt patterns. Some others to check out include:
- Granny Square Skirt -- This skirt features a lower border of crocheted granny squares. It's a fantastic, sophisticated way to incorporate the granny into a skirt design, especially in the monochromatic colors chosen by the designer.
- Lace Crochet Skirt -- This fun skirt is crocheted in a lacy stitch pattern.
- Skirt With Lace Fan Patterned Border -- This skirt pattern has a deep border of crocheted lace.
04 of 07
Archena Crochet Skirt Pattern by Doris Chan
This is a multicolored patchwork granny square skirt. It's cute and a bit hippie-ish, a crochet skirt that would work really wear as Coachella fashion. Doris Chan is a skilled crochet skirt designer. Here are three more crochet designs from her that are worth checking out:
Continue to 5 of 7 below.
- Jolimar Skirt. This is a stylish lace skirt with belted or elastic waistband options and a flared bottom.
- Jolimar, Too. This is the younger girls' version of the Doris Chan Jolimar skirt. These two together make a great mommy-and-me pattern set, perfect for Take Your Child to Work Day or holiday gift giving.
- Shimmer Skirt or Poncho. This great design shows how flexible a crochet skirt can be. It can be a two-in-one or even three-in-one pattern (where it would be wearable as a dress, a skirt and also a poncho). Doris created this as a Red Heart free crochet pattern. When you see it as a poncho, you can also see why Doris is a leading crochet shawl designer, too!
05 of 07
Sedona Toddler Crochet Skirt Pattern by Darlene Dale
This is such a cute little skirt pattern. It's feminine, lacy, and girly. This skirt also has an interesting construction to work with. It begins by working in a spiral, rather than joined rounds. Then the lower ruffle is worked on, using joined rounds. The upper ruffle is worked separately and stitched on at the end.
06 of 07
Too Cute Ruffled Skirt Crochet Pattern by Myra Wood
This is a truly girly crochet skirt, from the ruffles down to the color! It was designed by Myra Wood and is offered through Red Heart. It's a great crochet pattern for the kind of girls that like to wear tutus, dress like princesses and just have lots of silly fun.
Two other fabulous girls ruffle skirt free crochet patterns are the Free Ruffle Skirt pattern by Crochet Jewel (for ages 2 to 4) and the Rainbow Ruffle Skirt free crochet pattern by Jazmo Crochet.
07 of 07
Salsa Party Skirt Free Crochet Pattern from Kim Guzman
Earlier we saw the gorgeous multi-colored crochet chevron skirt for women and here we see a variation for younger girls. The fun pops of different colors and the width of the chevron pattern make this a terrifically fun girls skirt.