Find free crochet instructions for beginners; learn how to crochet a wide variety of different crochet stitches and projects using our free crochet instructions.
01 of 07
If you've never crocheted before and you're a total beginner, our guide to beginner crochet is the best place to start. That page is also a great starting point if you learned how to crochet years ago, but you're feeling rusty and need a refresher. You'll find instructions for everything a beginner would need to know, starting with the basic stitches.
Pictured here: instructions for how to crochet a granny square. The granny square is an ideal project for beginners to start out with.
If You're Left-Handed
If you'd like to learn how to crochet with your left hand, see our crochet instructions for left-handers.
02 of 07
Crochet Project Instructions
- Crocheting dishcloths and washcloths: Dishcloths and washcloths might not seem too exciting, but they are some of the easiest crochet projects to start out with. This page features general instructions for crocheting dishcloths and washcloths, plus links to free crochet patterns for these types of projects.
- Crochet hat instructions: This link takes you to our page of free hat patterns. The page includes photos of each hat design, so you can easily browse through your choices and pick one you like. Then all you have to do is click through to get the free pattern and instructions.
- Crochet scarf instructions: We've posted several pages of free scarf patterns. You'll see a picture of each scarf, along with a brief description; when you've found one you want to make, just click through to get the free scarf patterns and instructions linked.
- Check out these free crochet tutorials
- See more free crochet patterns
03 of 07
How to Crochet a Blanket
Want instructions for how to crochet a blanket or afghan? You'll find plenty of possibilities here on our website.
04 of 07Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Filet Crochet Instructions
Filet crochet is a popular technique that can give you remarkable results. The technique involves using basic crochet stitches to form open meshes and filled-in areas or blocks. Using filet crochet, you can create gorgeous projects that resemble lace; you can also crochet things like alphabet charts and interesting pictorial designs.
06 of 07
07 of 07