These free themed word search games are a fun way to introduce students to vocabulary related to American-style football. These puzzles vary in difficulty from fairly easy to challenging. Some of these games can be played online; others are printable worksheets that are geared towards classroom use.
Football Word Search Printables
For classroom solving, we have a variety of print-friendly word search games listed by difficulty level from very easy to challenging.
- AFC football teams word search to print: The 16 teams of the American Football Conference are featured in this print-friendly word game.
- Football positions word search: How well do you know your football positions? Fullback, lineman, quarterback—20 positions played in an NFL football game are featured in this word game of medium difficulty. Complete the puzzle, then read the remaining letters to learn an interesting football fact.
- Printable football word search: In this word search of medium difficulty, 25 football-related words are hidden in a medium-sized grid.
- NFL football team names: Here's another word search game that lists all the teams of the NFL. Complete the puzzle, then read the remaining letters to learn an interesting NFL Team fact.
- NFL team locales word search puzzle 1: This word search game lists, in alphabetical order, the first 16 U.S. cities which are home to NFL football teams. Complete the puzzle, then read the remaining letters to learn an interesting NFL Team fact.
- NFL team locales word search puzzle 2: Part two lists the remaining cities, from Miami to Washington. Complete the puzzle, then read the remaining letters to learn an interesting NFL Team fact.
- Football word search: 39 words appear in this fairly challenging word search game.
- Famous American football players: The full names of 38 of the best-known players in American football history need to be found in a large grid of letters. Better suited to teens and adults.