Easy Traditional Origami Letter Fold
A traditional origami letter fold makes an interesting six-sided shape that can be used as an envelope. Alternatively, you can write your note directly on the paper and use the origami letter fold to make the letter its own envelope.
This origami requires one sheet of rectangular paper, so you can use letter paper, A4 paper, or just paper ripped out from a notepad. The A4 size we use results in a letter that is 14.8 x 10.5 centimeters.
1. Start with the white side or writing side of your paper facing up.
2. Fold the paper in half from left to right and then unfold back to the start.
3. Now you can fold the top right corner down diagonally, lining it up with the central crease you just made.
4. Fold the bottom left corner up diagonally again, lining it up with the central crease.
Make sure these folds are nice and neat, or you'll end up with some of the writing showing up in the middle.
5. Fold the bottom section up, aligning it with the bottom of the flap above.
6. Repeat the last step on the top section.
7. Fold the bottom right corner up to meet the top.
8. Put the end of the flap underneath the top section.
9. Bring the top left corner down, aligning with the bottom edge.
10. Again, put the flap underneath the little triangle there.
Now it's finished. You can turn it over and use the plain side to write a name or message.