01 of 06
Easy Rectangular Origami Box Instructions
Learn how to make a useful rectangular origami box from an A4 or letter sized sheet of paper. This makes a great last minute gift box solution!
In the photo you can see it is great for storing pens and pencils on a desk, or stationary items like rubber, sharpeners and even small calculators. I also have a few to organise makeup inside drawers, and you can make larger ones from A3 or A2 sized sheets of paper, which make great drawer organisers for kids clothes.
This simple origami box takes only a... few minutes to fold.
Usually origami starts with a square sheet, this time it will be rectangular.
You can start with any size of rectangle. If you use a longer rectangle, the box will end up less rectangular.
If you are looking for a fancier style of origami box, check out the Origami Star Dish.
or for more of a challenge, the Origami Cake Box Tutorial - for intermediate to advanced folders!Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Easy Rectangular Origami Box - Step 1
1. Start white side up and the paper landscape position.
Fold the paper in half to the left.
4. Fold the left and right edges to the central fold.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Easy Rectangular Origami Box - Step 2
5. Flip the paper over, left to right.
6. Fold the right edge to the central fold - letting the flap underneath flip out to the right.
7. Neatly fold it to the center.
8. Here you can see the folds you should have.
Repeat on the left side.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Easy Rectangular Origami Box - Step 3
9. Fold the right flap over to the left.
10. Fold the flap to the vertical fold that is indicated.
12. Unfold the last step.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Easy Rectangular Origami Box - Step 4
13. Fold the top right and bottom right corners inwards.
14. Fold the top left and bottom left corners of the front flap, inwards. Fold the left side of the flap over to the right.
15. Again, fold the flap over to the right, sandwiching the previous flap.
17. This is what you should have.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Easy Rectangular Origami Box - Step 5
18. Repeat on the left.
19. Open out the left and right sides.
20. Push the pointed corners inwards.
21. To straighten out the edges, fold along the bottom edges.
22. Pinch the corners to make the box more squared.
Thats it, you should now have a simple origami box, useful for lots of different things.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!