01 of 04
Easy Origami Wallet Instructions
Learn how to make a useful origami wallet that you can put real money into, using one sheet of rectangular paper, this is a quick and easy origami model to learn, great for kids and adults!
This is a great Father's Day gift you can make easily, and if you have some nice thick paper it would be even better.
You'll need to find some quite large paper, such as A3 sized paper.
You can also stick 2 sheets of A4 / letter paper together, by putting them side by side, and overlapping them a tiny bit to glue them together.
If you'd like a short version which would be great for credit cards, check out the DIY Origami Wallet Instructions.Continue to 2 of 4 below.
02 of 04
Easy Origami Wallet Instructions - Page 1
1. Start with your rectangular paper in a landscape position. Fold the bottom up to the top and make a crease and unfold, this is the central fold. Don't over crease this, it's going to be where the wallet folds in half.
2. You can get your currency as a guide, and fold the bottom edge upwards, you will leave a gap here, depending on your note's size.
3. Fold the bottom upwards, along the central fold.
4. Fold the top down over the front layer, using it as guide. This is to make sure the folds are equal on each side.Continue to 3 of 4 below.
03 of 04
Easy Origami Wallet Instructions - Page 2
5. Unfold the paper back to the start. Fold the bottom flap up a little, about 1 cm, to make the outside pockets more durable.
6. Refold the paper at the central fold.
7. Fold the top edge down over the front layer, using it as a guide. Unfold.
8. Fold the bottom right and top right corners diagonally inwards, along the creases that are indicated.Continue to 4 of 4 below.
04 of 04
Easy Origami Wallet Instructions - Final Page 3
9. Refold the creases that are indicated.
10. Flip the paper over, top to bottom, keeping the flaps you just folded on the right side.
11. Fold the right end to the left, you can customize how big you want the front pockets on the inside of the wallet by folding less or more.
12. Fold the left end to the right and inside the two pockets. Depending on your currency note size, you may need to leave a small gap. Straighten out the folds and make sure it's all lined up. And now you can fold the wallet in half, and it's complete.