These origami envelopes are super easy and quick to make because they don't require any squash or reverse folds. Once learned, you can teach all of your friends how to make them in a few minutes each.
They would be perfect to send your friends or family holiday greetings cards, birthday cards, or for party invitations. You could also use them to organize receipts and other paperwork. For decorative paper, you can find origami paper around your home. If you like making this packet-style envelope, try another type of origami envelope for your letters and cards.
- 1 square sheet origami paper, any size
Easy Origami Envelope Instructions - Step 1
- Start with your origami paper facing white side up.
- Fold the paper in half, making only a small pinch on both edges.
- Then, fold the bottom edge up to the pinch you just made and make another pinch there.
- Open out the paper and you will have a half and a quarter marked.
- Fold the bottom edge up to the second (quarter) pinch.
Easy Origami Envelope Instructions - Step 2
- Focus on the bottom edge.
- Fold the bottom edge up and into the center pinches.
- You will be able to see the pinches where indicated.
- Now fold the top edge down to those creases.
- Unfold the top.
Easy Origami Envelope Instructions - Step 3
- Fold the bottom right corner in.
- Fold the bottom left corner in, as well.
- Rotate the paper to the right so the folds are on the left.
- Fold the bottom edge up aligning with the first bottom line.
- Rotate the paper again to the right and fold the bottom up in the same way as before.
Easy Origami Envelope Instructions - Step 4
- Rotate the paper to the right.
- Fold the top right corner in to align with crease on the layer behind.
- Fold the top left corner in to meet the other.
- Fold the top corner down.
- You can now insert the point of the envelope inside the slit to seal it.