01 of 05
Origami Crown Box Tutorial
A great origami project for kids, make a cool origami crown that can be used as it is or as a lid that fits onto an origami Masu box.
This super simple traditional origami model only takes a few minutes to fold and uses just one sheet of square paper. Perfect as a gift box at Christmas, kids' birthday parties and weddings.
If you want to use it as a crown—at the end, don't form the box and instead, round out the base of the crown. You could use paper such as foil paper which keeps its shape, you could also use two-sided paper—paper with different colors on each side, and the center of the crown at the top could be different from the outside.
This tutorial is for the crown only, if you'd like to make a box for this to fit onto, check out the tutorial for the origami masu box here—start with the same size paper, and slightly over-fold the box, or start with paper that's about 5mm smaller than the paper you use for the crown.
Both of these origami lids fit onto a regular masu box.Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
1. Start with your paper with the usual vertical and horizontal creases.
2. Fold the bottom corner into the middle.
3. Fold all of the other corners into the middle as well.
4. Flip the model over to the other side.Continue to 3 of 5 below.
03 of 05
5. Fold the bottom edge up to the middle, whilst flipping the triangle underneath, up.
6. Do the same for the top.
7. Lift the bottom triangle up.
8. Fold the left bottom corner inwards.Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
9. Fold the left corner in too.
10. Re-fold the triangle back down.
11. Fold the top triangle down.
12. Fold the left and right corners inwards the same way.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05
13. Re-fold the triangle back up to the top.
14. Pick the model up and rotate.
15. Carefully pull the two triangles apart.
16. Turn the box over and straighten it out.