01 of 06
Easy Origami Bow Tie Instructions
Learn how to make an easy origami bow tie or ribbon with these easy to follow step by step instructions! It's also easy to make different variations of this traditional origami bow.
This is one of the first origami models that I learnt how to make, I have been obsessed with origami bows since then. Check out the bows category of my website for proof!
There are many different ways you could use this bow to decorate your crafts. The most popular way seems to be as a bow tie for a origami shirt (tutorial here). Other ways include as hair clips, you can even lacquer them with clear nail polish, decorate origami boxes, add them to the hair of origami dolls, or use them as part of earrings or necklaces.
You will need 1 sheet of square paper that has been cut in half, you can also use money for this origami bow.
For a more three dimensional origami bow thats slightly more advanced check out this cute origami bow.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Easy Origami Bow Tie Instructions - Step 1
If you are starting with square paper, you can fold the paper in half and then cut it along the crease, which means you can make 2 bows with the paper.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Easy Origami Bow Tie Instructions - Step 2
1. Fold the paper in half, top to bottom.
2. Fold all four corners inwards.
3. Fold the top and bottom edges to the central crease.
4. Fold the paper in half, left to right.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Easy Origami Bow Tie Instructions - Step 3
5. Fold the right section of the model up diagonally, the central crease behind should align with the crease you see on the left of the front layer.
6. Repeat in the other direction.
7. Collapse the paper in half, reversing the crease from step 4.
8. Make sure the open ends are at the bottom.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Easy Origami Bow Tie Instructions - Step 4
9. Fold the front layer up, using the folds underneath as a guide.
10. Repeat on the back.
11. This is what you should have. The open ends are at the bottom.
12. Fold the left and right corners inwards.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Easy Origami Bow Tie Instructions - Step 5
13. Repeat on the back.
14. Gently but firmly pull the ends apart, at the same time push on the center of the bow.
15. Flatten out the section in the center of the bow.
16. This is what it's like on the back, you can fold the points of the bow in again if you like.
It's now complete!
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!
I run a youtube channel called Paper Kawaii, if you like origami, I think you'd like it so click here to have a look.