The Dremel 3000 High-Speed Rotary Tool is the next step in the evolution of the Dremel rotary tool line. This Dremel 3000 rotary tool has some useful features, including the EZ Twist integrated wrench/nose cap, which allows the user to loosen or tighten the collet and replace an accessory quickly and easily without the need for a collet wrench. The kit comes with a pair of attachments and 28 accessories, all in a hard-shell plastic carrying case.
- Includes 28 rotary accessories and two attachments
- Equipped with EZ Twist integrated wrench/nose cap for easy accessory changes
- Covered by a 4-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- User-accessible carbon brushes for easy replacement
- Double ball-bearing construction
- Works with all Dremel rotary accessories and attachments except the PL400 and MS400 attachments
- The EZ Twist integrated wrench/nose cap allows the collet to be tightened/loosened without a collet wrench.
- Includes 1/8-inch, 3/32-inch, 1/16-inch and 1/32-inch collets for various accessory shank sizes.
- Variable-speed 120-volt, 1.2-amp motor with no-load speed settings ranging between 5000-35,000 RPM.
- Includes a very helpful set of well-written operating manuals.
Guide Review - Dremel 3000 Variable Speed Rotary Tool Review
The Dremel 3000 rotary tool is the latest in the long-standing line of Dremel's signature tool line, and for rotary tool fans, this one doesn't disappoint.
The unit includes a pair of attachments (a sanding and grinding guide plus a cutting guide) that fit neatly into their reserved spots in the protective plastic storage case, as well as 28 accessories, which include:
- 107 - Engraving cutter for detail engraving, carving and routing in wood, fiberglass, plastic and soft metals
- 191 - High-speed cutter made of high-grade steel for cutting wood, plastic and soft metals
- 401 - Mandrel used to hold polishing bits and accessories
- 402 - Mandrel used to hold cut-off wheels
- 403 - Nylon bristle brush for cleaning and polishing silver, jewelry and other precious metals
- 407 - 1/2-inch sanding drum mandrel for use with Dremel sanding bands (408, 432 & 445)
- 408 - 2 of the 1/2-inch 60-grit coarse sanding bands, used with the 407 sanding drum mandrel
- 414 - 3 felt polishing wheels (1/2-inch) designed for polishing metals and plastics
- 415 - 2 of the 1/2-inch 60-grit sanding bands, used with the 407 sanding drum mandrel
- 421 - Polishing compound for use with 414 felt polishing wheels. Removes film and imperfections from metals and plastics
- 426 - A pair of 1-1/4 inch fiberglass-reinforced cut-off wheels for cutting metal and hardened steel
- 428 - Carbon Steel Brush for removing rust and corrosion as well as polishing of metal surfaces
- 429 - 2 of the 1-inch felt polishing wheels, used for polishing rough surfaces to a finely honed finish
- 432 - 2 of the 1/2-inch 120-grit medium sanding bands, used with the 407 sanding drum mandrel
- 445 - 2 of the 1/2-inch 240-grit fine sanding bands, used with the 407 sanding drum mandrel
- 561 - Multi-purpose cutting bit for cutting wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, laminates and more
- 932 - Aluminum-oxide grinding stone for general grinding of metals, welds, rusted surfaces and more
- 952 - A tapered aluminum-oxide grinding stone for general grinding of metals, welds, rusted surfaces and rivets
- 953 - A narrower tapered aluminum-oxide grinding stone for general grinding of metals, welds, and rusted surfaces
- 7144 - Diamond wheel point used for fine detail work, cutting, engraving, touch-up and finishing on wood, steel, and other hardened materials/li>
- 84922 - Silicon carbide grinding stone for grinding and etching stone, glass, porcelain and ceramic materials
- EZ Twist nose cap wrench (for fast, wrench-free accessory changes)
- Collet wrench
- Accessory case, which fits neatly inside the Storage Case
Inside the operating manual, you'll find listings for the recommended speed settings as well as charts denoting on what materials each accessory is designed to be used.
The Dremel 3000 also includes handy features such as a shaft lock button (to hold the motor in place while changing accessories) and an adjustable hanger on the back of the motor housing.
If I could make one recommendation to Dremel's design team, it would be that I would prefer to see the on/off switch separate from the variable-speed switch. This would allow users who like to keep their rotary tool set at a specific speed from having to adjust the speed every time the unit is turned on. Of course, this task can easily be handled with a switched outlet or an AC foot-switch (accessories you can easily find online) for hands-free on/off operation.
Other Dremel Tools
Other similar rotary tools include the Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool and the Dremel 300 series High-Speed Rotary Tool.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.