01 of 05
Recycled CD Fish Craft
We are dreaming of beach weather with this simple Recycled CD Fish Kid Craft tutorial. With this kid-friendly summer craft idea, you and your child can make some one-of-a-kind "fishy" pieces that are perfect for some ocean themed fun! Plus with complete customization at your child's fingertips, this recycled material craft is sure to be a real winner with parents and kids alike.Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Gather Your Supplies
Continue to 3 of 5 below.
- Recycled CDs (one per fish)
- Tissue paper (we used blue & green)
- Cardstock (we used yellow & orange)
- Googly eyes
03 of 05
Cover the CD With Tissue Paper
Continue to 4 of 5 below.
- First, have your child cut their tissue paper into small squares. Set aside.
- Now grab your glue and have children paint/draw a thick layer of glue all over the CD, making sure they get every inch covered (it doesn’t matter which side of the CD you choose to cover with glue).
- Next, have your child place the tissue paper squares on top of the glue until the CD is completely covered and has a nice mosaic design to it.
04 of 05
Continue to 5 of 5 below.
- Cut out some fins and lips out of the cardstock and glue those onto the decorated CD.
- Then, finish off by gluing on some colorful rhinestones, and of course your googly eyes, so your fish can see.
05 of 05
Finished Recycled CD Fish Kid Craft
At this time, you can also add other embellishments you see fit (like glitter, buttons or even ribbon) to give your fish that one-of-a-kind look before you display them proudly!