01 of 08
Greeting cards are a traditional ritual for the Christmas season. Receiving a handmade Christmas card from someone is always a delight! If you are making your cards this holiday season, you will love this project. Pull out your digital die cutter, Kraft paper, and glitter. The card looks complicated but takes very little time to make. What a beautiful greeting card to celebrate the season.
Continue to 2 of 8 below.
- One sheet 8.5-inch x 11-inch kraft paper cardstock
- One sheet 8.5-inch x 11-inch white... cardstock
- One sheet of red glitter cardstock or red glitter wrapping paper
- Creatology Wooden snowflakes (can be purchased at Michaels) or any white glitter paper snowflake (approximately 2 inches diameter)
- Foam tape or dots
- White glitter
- White craft glue
- Old paintbrush
- Plastic or glass containers for glitter and glue
- Glue Runner
- Glue Stick
- One premade craft paper envelope suitable for a 5-inch x 7-inch card insert
- One sheet of colorful 8.5-inch x 11-inch scrapbook paper to use for envelope insert
- Digital die cut files and pdf template
- Digital die cut machine
- Xacto knife *(optional)
02 of 08
Cut Out Elements of the Kraft Paper Noel Christmas Card
Continue to 3 of 8 below.
- Download the digital die cut files, open the zip file and save the files somewhere on your computer. The zip file contains files suitable for use on most digital die cut machines. A PDF template is included for cutting the card with a Xacto knife.
- Place the 8.5-inch" x 11-inch" sheet of kraft paper onto the cutting mat, press firmly to secure and cut the central brown kraft paper section of the card out.
- Cut out a rectangle from the red glitter wrapping paper or red glitter cardstock by... hand or on the digital die cutter if desired.A 6.6-inch x 1.9-inch template is included in the file download.
03 of 08
Glue the Red Glitter Cut Square to the Back of the Card
Continue to 4 of 8 below.
- Turn the Kraft paper section of the card over and secure the red glitter rectangle to the bottom back of the card with a glue stick or glue runner.
- Make sure that all parts of the letters have glue so that the red glitter square adheres firmly to the back of the card without any gaps.
- There should be a 1/8" margin on the right and left sides of the glitter rectangle.
04 of 08
Score the Center Fold of the Card
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- Use a ruler to measure 5-inch center marks on the left and right side of the card.
- Mark the measurements lightly with a pencil.
- Align a ruler with the center marks and use the bone folder to score the centerfold.
- Fold the card in half, pressing down firmly with your fingers.
- Rub the bone folder over the crease to sharpen the edge.
- Open the card onto a flat surface and use a white vinyl eraser to erase the pencil marks. Do not use a pink eraser or a pencil eraser as they will smudge the kraft paper... and leave unsightly marks.
05 of 08
Apply Glitter to Wooden Snowflakes
Continue to 6 of 8 below.
- Pour a small amount of white craft glue into a glass or plastic container.
- Pour a small amount of white glitter into another glass or plastic container.
- Dip an old paintbrush into the white craft glue and paint a slight layer of glue onto the top and sides of the wooden snowflake.
- Dip the wooden snowflake into the white glitter.
- Shake off the excess glitter from the wooden snowflake.
- Allow the snowflake to dry for at least one hour.
- Make sure your snowflake is completely dry before attaching the... glitter flake to the front of the card. Use a piece of foam tape or a foam dot to attach the snowflake between the letters N and O.
06 of 08
Cut and Attach the Inner Insert
Continue to 7 of 8 below.
- Cut the inside insert of the card from a sheet of 8.5-inch x 11-inch white cardstock.
- Using a ruler and pencil mark the midpoint of the insert and score a fold line with the bone folder.
- Use a white vinyl eraser to remove any remaining pencil marks.
- Run a line of glue around the edges of the insert with a glue runner and press into place on the inside of the card. There should be approximately 1/8" margins around the insert.
- Write a note or add any sentiment you wish to the inside of the card.
07 of 08
Finish Off Your Card With an Envelope Insert
You can then insert the card into a premade envelope that fits a 5"' x 7" card. It is perfectly acceptable to stop at this point and call the card finished. We crafty types just can't help ourselves and want to bring projects to the next level. If you so desire make an insert for the envelope from colorful matching scrapbook paper.Continue to 8 of 8 below.
08 of 08
Personlize Your Envelope and Envelope Insert
If you wish to personalize your envelope and insert you can find help in the instructions and tutorial here! Happy crafting!