01 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions
Learn how to make a useful and pretty origami card wallet! This is a variation of a traditional model, follow these simple step by step instructions.
This is such a nice origami wallet, you can check out the original traditional origami wallet here.
This one starts with the paper rotated, and ends in a shorter wallet.
If you would like the wallet to fit business cards, you will need paper that is about 30 x 30 cm, for credit cards, the minimum is 26 x 26 cm.
It works better if you have paper that... has a different colour or pattern on each side, for paper recommendations check out this blog post.Continue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions - Step 1
1. Fold the paper in half diagonally, left to right and unfold.
2. Bring the bottom corner up to the top and pinch in the middle, and pinch at 1 quarter way in and 3 quarter way in. If you don't mind a crease showing on your wallet, just fold the whole way.
3. This is what you should have.
4. Bring the right corner to the central pinch and make a pinch.Continue to 3 of 7 below.
03 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions - Step 2
5. Bring the left corner to the central pinch and make a pinch.
6. Fold the left and right corners into the marks you just made.
7. Flip the paper over, left to right.
8. Fold the left and right edges to the central crease, leaving a small gap.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions - Step 3
9. Fold the top layer of the flaps into the central crease again, and then fold them outwards.
10. You can leave it like that if you don't want the little triangles.
11. Unfold an edge and pull out the triangle so that it overlaps.
12. Re-fold the flaps. Repeat on the left.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions - Step 4
13. We'll be making mountain folds where indicated.
14. Flip the paper over, left to right.
15. Bring the bottom flap up until you see the triangles, any further and they won't be triangles anymore.
16. Unfold.Continue to 6 of 7 below.
06 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions - Step 5
17. Rotate the paper to the opposite end.
18. Again bring the bottom flap up until you see the triangles at the bottom.
19. Fold the top corner of the front flap down, along where the crease is underneath (a bit further for thick paper).
20. Unfold and re-fold the flap behind and flatten it out.
Bring the top section down over the bottom section.Continue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
DIY Origami Wallet Instructions - Step 6
21. This is what you should have.
22. Fold the bottom corner up a tiny bit further than the layer underneath.
23. Unfold the lower section back out and bring it on top.
24. Put the bottom section inside the top section.
25. Carefully refold the vertical crease.
The wallet is now done!
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!
I run a youtube channel called Paper Kawaii, if you like origami, I think you'd like it so click here to have a look.