Debbie Colgrove is an award-winning seamstress and tailor who has written two books for beginner sewers. She's contributed over 300 articles on sewing.
- Author of Teach Yourself Visually Sewing and Sewing VISUAL Quick Tips
- Entrepreneur with 40+ years of sewing experience
- Member of the Home Economics Advisory Board for Columbia County, New York.
Debbie Colgrove is a former writer for The Spruce who contributed 391 articles over the course of 18 years. Debbie got involved with 4H as a child, excelling in competitions and winning awards for her sewing, and later became an assistant manager for a major fabric store chain and independent contractor for local manufacturers.
Today, Debbie teaches sewing by offering instructions for projects, economical sewing solutions, free patterns, and more. She teaches local 4H sewing groups and received the Partner in 4H Award in 2004 and 2006. Debbie was also a member of the Home Economics Advisory Board for Columbia County, New York.
Awards and Publications
- "Sewing VISUAL Quick Tips" (Wiley, May 2008)
- "Teach Yourself Visually Sewing" (Visual, April 2006)
- Recipient of Partner in 4H Award in 2004 and 2006.
About The Spruce Crafts
The Spruce Crafts, a Dotdash brand, is a DIY craft and hobby site covering helpful tips and step-by-step tutorials from passionate makers. The Spruce Crafts reaches 6 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.