Dave Fisher is a writer and expert on all-things puzzles. He has over two decades of experience and focuses his content on creating, solving, and explaining puzzles.
- 25 years experience creating original puzzles
- Contributor to "The Everything Crossword Challenge Book" and technical reviewer of "Crosswords For Seniors for Dummies" and "Picture Puzzles for Dummies"
Dave Fisher is a former writer for The Spruce who contributed 57 articles and puzzles over the course of 16 years. Dave has 25 years of experience creating puzzles including word games such as Sylla Steps, Pyramid Puzzles, Alphadoku, number games and jigsaw puzzles using original photographs. Aside from puzzle creation, Dave writes about puzzle news, offers solving tips, and reviews new puzzle products.
He has also contributed acrostic puzzles, cryptic crosswords and standard crossword puzzles to newspapers and print media, as well as online syndications such as Universal Press Syndicate.
- The Everything Crossword Challenge Book (Adams Media, 1998)
- Crosswords For Seniors for Dummies (For Dummies, 2009)
- Picture Puzzles for Dummies (For Dummies, 2009)
About The Spruce Crafts
The Spruce Crafts, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a DIY craft and hobby site covering helpful tips and step-by-step tutorials from passionate makers. The Spruce Crafts reaches 6 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.