Use this rosette to embellish hats, shawls, blankets, bags, or anything else your heart desires. You may also consider sewing a pin or hair barrette to the back of the flower to use as the flower as an accessory by itself.
The sample rosette uses seed beads to add sparkle. You may wish to leave these off your rosette for a more subtle look.
- 1 skein Universal Yarn Inc. Pace [75% superwash wool/25% polyamide; 220 yards/200 meters; 1.76 ounces/50 grams; fingering weight], color #03 steel.
- 1 skein Universal Yarn Inc. Pace [75% superwash wool/25% polyamide; 220 yards/200 meters; 1.76 ounces/50 grams; fingering weight], color #02 grey.
- One rosette crocheted in Universal Yarn Inc. Pace uses approximately 5 grams of yarn.
- Substitute any fingering weight yarn for a rosette of similar size to the sample shown.
US F/4mm hook
- 34 size “6” seed beads to match yarn color 2
- 8 size “6” seed beads to match yarn color 1
- Tapestry needle
Sample rosette measures 2.25” diameter.
- Using color 1, ch 13 loosely.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, 2 sc in each following ch to end -- 23 sc.
- Row 2: Ch 1, *2 sc in each st to end -- 46 sc.
- Fasten off yarn color 1.
- String 34 beads onto yarn color 2.
- Row 3: Using color 2, ch 2, hdc in first st, 2 hdc in next st, *hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * to end -- 69 sts.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sl st in 1st st, *sl st with bead in next st, sl st in next st; repeat from * to end -- 69 sl sts/34 with beads.
- Fasten off yarn.
- Finishing: You may notice your crocheted piece is beginning to curl in on itself. Following this natural curl, spiral work to form the rosette shape. Secure into this shape by sewing through sts in color 1 only on the back of the flower.
- Sew the 8 beads that match yarn color 1 to center of rosette.
- Weave in all yarn ends.
Rosette can now be fastened to pins, magnets, hair barrettes, or project of your choosing.