Make a crochet water bottle cozy and help keep the cold in your drink, not on your hands. Sample water bottle cozy has an 8.5" circumference. However, you can easily adjust it to fit your water bottle once you've established the stitch pattern.
- Lily Sugar’n Cream [100% cotton; 120 yards; 70.9 grams; worsted weight]
- Main Color: 1 skein Stonewash, color #01118
- Coordinating Color (optional): 1 skein Soft Ecru, color #01004
To make a yarn substitution you will need approximately 51 yards (30 grams) in a worsted weight for one water bottle cozy.
US G/4.5mm crochet hook
Adjust hook sizes as necessary to achieve gauge listed below.
8 double crochet = 2 inches
6 x 8.5” (when measured flat before seaming)
Water Bottle Cozy Pattern
- With mc yarn, ch 26 sts loosely.
- Foundation Row: Dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in each ch to end — 23 dc + turning ch.
- Row 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), sk first dc, fp dc around next 22 sts, dc in turning ch of the previous row — 24 sts.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), sk first dc, bp dc around next 22 sts, dc in turning ch of the previous row — 24 sts.
- *Rep Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 8.5” from the beginning, or desired length (circumference of your water bottle).
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Thread tapestry needle with mc yarn. Sew together short edges (foundation ch and last row) to make a tube.
- With cc, work sc sts around each end of the tube. Use the formula of approximately 2 sts per side of dc st, or space sc as you see fit.
- Using cc yarn, make a 20” ch.
- Cut yarn and fasten off ch.
- Weave ch through spaces created by the dc sts to form a drawstring around the top edge of cozy.