There are many places to get inspiration for crochet, from vintage books that you found locally to items from around the world that you source through social media. In fact, there are so many different places to get crochet inspiration that you might not know where to start. Look no further than this massive collection. With 100 lists featuring at least 100 crochet things each, this single article shares more than 10,000 crochet things that will inspire you to get crafting. You'll find links here to crochet patterns, fashion, art and other ideas. You'll never need to look anywhere else for crochet inspiration again!
01 of 100
Crochet scarves are definitely a popular item to crochet, which is why there are many free crochet scarf patterns right here on this site. This article round up 100 of them for you.
02 of 100
You have one skein of yarn. What should you make? Here are more than 100 ideas!
03 of 100
This round up features more than one hundred different crochet patterns across all different categories from kids' clothing to women's shawls. All of these are free crochet patterns.
04 of 100
Here are another 150 crochet patterns, different from those shown above, all also offered for free. Each of these crochet patterns was designed in 2015, typically by an indie crochet designer who offers it on their blog or through Ravelry.Continue to 5 of 100 below.
05 of 100
It is truly impressive how many indie crochet designers offer truly great patterns for free. This set of 100 patterns was also published online in 2015 and so many of these are timeless designs that will inspire you for many years to come.
06 of 100
07 of 100
This collection of shirts and sweaters has some of the most unique designs that you have ever seen. Some of these are patterns but most of them are just designs intended to capture your imagination and make you want to take your own craft further.
08 of 100
Freeform, oversized, hooded and more ... these 100 crochet scarves are among the most unique that you have ever seen and should inspire you to create your own fun designs.Continue to 9 of 100 below.
09 of 100
This collection of hats begins with unique designs crocheted by artists and continues on with many other unique creations. You'll want to make a hat as soon as you've devoured these designs with your eyes.
10 of 100
You might think you have crocheted very shawl under the sun but you'll see from this roundup that there are so many more unique designs to try!
11 of 100
There are so many beautiful things to crochet - and so many unique ways to crochet those things. Here is a collection of crochet skirt ideas to capture your fantasy!
12 of 100
The amount of whimsy that went into this collection is astounding. If you aren't inspired to crochet after seeing these dresses then I'm not sure what might inspire you! The dress pictured here is by RuchkiKruchki who always has inspiring ideas!Continue to 13 of 100 below.
13 of 100
This is a list of ten different topics that feature ten crochet patterns each. You'll find at least ten crochet patterns for pink crochet, crochet hearts, music lovers' crochet, crochet roses, crochet food, crochet neckties, crochet for bicycles, spa-at-home crochet, and summertime crochet. It's a mixture of many different things so there is sure to be something here that inspires you!
14 of 100
Sweet Sharna shares beautiful crochet items through lovely photos on Instagram. This is a collection of 100 of her best photos, showcasing the many different adorable things that she makes in crochet!
15 of 100
Sometimes all that you need is a little tip to point you in the right direction with crochet and then you're well on your way to your next creation. You will find 100+ crochet tips in this collection.
16 of 100
You will want to dive into each of these yarn photos, hook in hand, ready to crochet the world! The background photo here is by Aki of KnitPurlHook.Continue to 17 of 100 below.
17 of 100
This is a mixture of many different things in crochet. Something here should capture your attention.
18 of 100
19 of 100
Just want to look at other people's crochet flowers and get inspiration for your own? Here are 100+ beautiful images of crochet flowers and projects made with them.
20 of 100
This collection of links leads you to a combination of crochet patterns and inspirational photos, all featuring beautiful crochet flowers.Continue to 21 of 100 below.
21 of 100
This is a collection of photos from Instagram, aggregated to showcase trends including beautiful crochet hearts, mandalas and granny squares.
22 of 100
Check out these 100 pretty crochet items and see if any of them make you want to pick up your hooks and yarn.
23 of 100
24 of 100
100 More FREE Crochet Patterns
Here are ten more links to ten free crochet patterns each for yet another 100 free crochet patterns!
Continue to 25 of 100 below.
- 10 free crochet hook case patterns for people who want to make cases for their tools
- 10 Free Valentine’s Crochet Patterns if you're seeking to gift someone to someone you love
- 10 Free Craftsy Crochet Patterns in case you aren't familiar with this amazing site
- 10 Free Crochet Patterns from Cre8tion Crochet who designs beautiful items
- 10 Best Free Vintage 1930s Crochet Patterns for people who love this historic crochet patterns
- 10 Fabulous Free Crochet Patterns that Use 4000+ Yards of Yarn for people who really want a big project to invest their time in
- 10 Men’s Free Crochet Patterns in case you need to crochet for a man in your life
- 10 Free Sock Monkey Crochet Patterns, each one of which is more adorable than the others
- 10 Free Crochet Elephant Patterns, many of which are great makes for babies!
25 of 100
And Yes, Even 100 More FREE Crochet Patterns!
It is truly amazing how many free crochet patterns are available online. Here are one hundred more:
- 25 Most Popular Free Crochet Patterns. These are some of the most popular crochet patterns over time.
- 20 More Popular Free Crochet Patterns. When you run out of the patterns above, check out these!
- And then check out these 20 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 15 Free Small Crochet Projects using Large Hooks. These all work up really quickly and are great instant gratification projects.
- 15 Free V-stitch Crochet Patterns. This is such a great easy stitch pattern!
- 5 Free Bicycle Seat Crochet Patterns. There may be only five crochet patterns here but every single one is just so cute!
26 of 100
100+ Top Crochet Patterns to Purchase
27 of 100
100+ Crochet Clothing Patterns
Want to make something to wear but aren't sure what it is that you're seeking to crochet? Here are more than 100 patterns for clothing:
- 15 Fabulous and Fun Crochet Clothing Patterns for anyone who wants to make clothes
- 20 More Excellent Crochet Clothing Patterns in case the first set isn't sufficient for you
- 13 Best Crochet Garment Patterns - popular patterns
- 5 Free Crochet Sweater Patterns and another 10 Crochet Sweater Patterns for Men
- 20 Popular Free Crochet Skirt Patterns for Women
- 15 Beautiful Free Crochet Dress Patterns
- 15 More Beautiful Crochet Dress Patterns
- 8 Beautiful Free White Crochet Dress Patterns for weddings and more
28 of 100
100+ Crochet Scarf Patterns
By the time you get to this point in the list, you might have already crocheted all of the scarves in those other roundups so here are another 100+ scarf crochet patterns for you.
Continue to 29 of 100 below.
- 50 Crochet Patterns for Scarves and Cowls, one of the best roundups of neckwear patterns
- 12 More Crochet Scarf and Cowl Patterns
- 35 Popular Crochet Patterns for Scarves and Cowls - there are just so many designs!
- 21 Wonderful Crochet Cowl and Scarf Patterns
- 10 Best Crochet Scarf Patterns - some wonderful classic designs!
29 of 100
100 More Crochet Hat Patterns
Crochet hats are great to make for all ages. There are simple ones and complicated ones and ones that really stand out from all of the others. Here are 100 crochet hat patterns to try.
30 of 100
The links in this article will take you to the free crochet patterns by designer Jessie Rayot of the site Jessie At Home. Jessie has patterns for sale as well, but she offers a diverse (and growing) number of free crochet patterns in many different categories.
31 of 100
This collection of photos celebrates many different aspects of crochet with an emphasis on crochet for Easter and spring. If you want to look at crochet bunnies, eggs and flowers, then you'll find plenty of inspiration here.
32 of 100
This is another collection of inspiring photos, including many from Ana of Woolyana who created a lot of pretty crochet doilies that are featured here.Continue to 33 of 100 below.
33 of 100
34 of 100
150+ Crochet Accessories Patterns
Crochet accessories can be simple or intricate. They may include jewelry, boot cuffs, backpacks and other interesting items. Here are more than 150 crochet patterns for accessories of all kinds:
- 50 Best Crochet Accessories Patterns to bookmark for making all throughout the year
- 15 Pretty Crochet Accessories Patterns to gift or make for yourself.
- 15 Top Crochet Accessories Patterns of all time
- 20 More Crochet Accessories Patterns because really you can never have enough of them!
- 25 New Crochet Jewelry and Accessories Patterns for girls of all ages
- 10 Easy Crochet Bracelet Patterns for all ages
- 20 Amazing Crochet Jewelry Patterns you'll definitely want to make!
- 10 Free Crochet Jewelry Patterns for people who are seeking free options
35 of 100
100+ Crochet Blanket Patterns
When I asked on Instagram what the first crochet item was that people made for someone else, the overwhelming majority of people responded that they made a crochet blanket for someone. Want to crochet a blanket but need some ideas? Here are more than 100 crochet blanket patterns to choose from:
- 35+ Wonderfully Comfortable Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 30 New Crochet Blanket and Baby Blanket Patterns to make and give to people you love
- 15 Adorable Animal Baby Blanket Crochet Patterns, which are perfect for baby's first gift!
- 20 Additional Crochet Blanket Patterns, which are perfect for any home
- 18 Awesome Crochet Blanket Patterns to inspire your hands to get crafting
- 15 Most Popular Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns that you have to bookmark if you like making baby afghans
- 10 Crochet Quilt Patterns; these blankets really do look like quilts!
36 of 100
100+ Unique Crochet Patterns
This section of crochet patterns, many of which are free crochet patterns, are for some of the unique items that you might want to crochet, including crochet for the feet and crochet for summer.
Continue to 37 of 100 below.
- 20+ Crochet Pattern Sets, which are especially great when you want to make mommy-and-me crochet patterns or other pattern pairs that match one another.
- 9 Tapestry Crochet Patterns, which is one of the best crochet techniques for people who like colors and graphics
- 10 Chevron Crochet Patterns and then 30 more Chevron Crochet Patterns because chevrons are always in style!
- 10 Crocodile Stitch Crochet Patterns utilizing this unique stitch in crochet that makes a great textured scale design
- 9 Free Patterns for Crochet Slippers, which are cozy for everyone in the family during any season of the year. For example, check out these easy single crochet slippers.
- 5 Crochet Patterns for Pretty Feet, all by Mamachee, because she's one of the best crochet shoe designers.
- 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Barefoot Sandals, which are perfect for summer! You can also wear them with heels for a sexy style.
- 10 Crochet Swimsuit Patterns for looking sexy on the beach or just because!
- 7 Awesome Crochet Backpack Patterns for back-to-school
- One Dozen Tunisian Crochet Patterns, a niche worth trying if you're seeking to explore something new
37 of 100
What other people crochet is a great source of inspiration for many of us. This collection of stunning photos showcases the work of LittleCosyThings, who does truly adorable amigurumi crochet, as well as many other crafters' makes.
38 of 100
Bechancer is another great crochet designer who makes beautiful things, especially rich in color and eye-catching as you browse through work online. This roundup has more than one hundred photos of her work and the work of others also making amazing things.
39 of 100
Jane Feagans-King is yet another inspiring crafter who always makes me smile with her work - and makes me want to try to create something of my own, too. Here is a collection of crochet motifs and other ideas that she and additional crafters made.
40 of 100
Are you interested in combining crochet with other materials to make recycled or upcycled mixed media items? Whether you want to tear up fabric, plastic and other materials for crochet or you want to find ways to crochet around existing objects, the links in this article will lead you in the right direction. The image here shows how you can even upcycle plain old rocks with beautiful crochet.Continue to 41 of 100 below.
41 of 100
42 of 100
Kim Guzman, known online as CrochetKim, is another outstanding crochet designer who offers more than 100 free crochet patterns.
43 of 100
This crochet book will provide you with "50 Original Stitches & 50 Fabulous Colorways for Blankets and Throws," which is enough inspiration to keep you making ripple blankets for the rest of your life!
44 of 100
Here is another crochet book by Leonie Morgan that also shows you 100 new things in crochet. This time it's crochet granny squares, featuring different stitches and color combinations. Another great collection to add to your crochet library for endless ongoing inspiration.Continue to 45 of 100 below.
45 of 100
The aforementioned granny square book is a terrific choice but it's not the only book on the market featuring more than 100 crochet patterns for squares and blocks. Another good choice is The Crochet Block Bible.
46 of 100
Crochet squares aren't the only motifs that are fun to make. This crochet book by Deborah Burger will inspire you to make many items from nature and symbols of daily life.
47 of 100
100+ Crochet Patterns for Babies and Children
It is always a joy to crochet items for little kids. They work up fast enough to stay entertaining the entire time through making them. They're usually received by parents with joy. And it's something that could get passed on from year to year and child to child. Very special indeed. Here are more than 100 crochet patterns for babies and children:
48 of 100
100+ Crochet Patterns for the HomeContinue to 49 of 100 below.
49 of 100
150+ Crochet Tutorials for Learning How to Crochet
When you want to learn to crochet, or merely to learn a new stitch in crochet, you need a set of crochet tutorials. Continue to get inspired to learn new things in the craft with these crochet tutorials:
50 of 100
Artists who use crochet as their medium really push the boundaries of what can be done in the craft. It's a really amazing thing to see, and it can be really inspiring to look at, whether you consider yourself a crochet artist or not. This article links to 150+ crochet art examples.
51 of 100
Stephanie Davies is an inspiring crafter who shares her work at A Bag Full of Crochet. In this collection of images, we see a selection of her beautiful crochet work alongside the amazing thread work of other people who love to crochet.
52 of 100
Check out the #crochetconcupiscence hashtag and you'll find thousands upon thousands of crochet images that will inspire your crafting. Here are 100 of the best.Continue to 53 of 100 below.
53 of 100
150+ More Crochet Patterns for the Home
We previously looked at 100+ home decor crochet patterns but there are much more to be explored. Let these inspire you:
- 21 Crochet Patterns for the Home
- 20+ Additional Crochet Home Decor Patterns
- 20 More Home Crochet Patterns
- 22 Kitchen and Bathroom Crochet Patterns and More Kitchen Crochet Patterns
- 10 Free Crochet Curtain Patterns + 7 More Crochet Curtain Patterns
- 10 Crochet Potholder Patterns, 9 More Crochet Washcloth, Dishcloth, Potholder Patterns and 20 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns
- 30+ Crochet Pillow Patterns
54 of 100
Consider this ... investing in this one book would mean that you could crochet one pattern every week for nearly two years just using the crochet patterns collected here!
55 of 100
These are not just crochet flowers, they are lace crochet flowers designed to be made using thread. It's a whole new world that might bring fresh ideas to your own hooks.
56 of 100
Caitlin Sainio, the author of the book 100 Lace Flowers to Crochet, also authored this collection of crochet snowflake patterns.Continue to 57 of 100 below.
57 of 100
Trend Hunter has collected some of the most interesting things in crochet, particularly in crochet art, into a fabulous inspiring roundup.
58 of 100
AllFreeCrochet is a great resource for free crochet patterns. They have many pages of patterns that curate 100+ designs in one place, including this one with more than 100 free crochet patterns for men.
59 of 100
60 of 100
This is another collection of the free crochet patterns that can be found right here on this site. There are more than 300 patterns linked up here, so you'll have lots of inspiration just from this article alone.Continue to 61 of 100 below.
61 of 100
100+ Free Crochet Patterns Rounded Up by Moogly
Tamara Kelly over at Moogly is a terrific crochet designer who has her finger on the pulse of what's happening in the industry. That's why her roundups of free crochet patterns are so inspiring. Here are some to check out:
62 of 100
This site regularly features the work of Sarah Zimmerman from Repeat Crafter Me because it's always exquisitely well done and fun to craft. Check out her links to well over 100 free crochet patterns accessible on her website.
63 of 100
100 Crochet Patterns for Flowers and Hearts
Two things that go well together are hearts and flowers. Here are more than 100 crochet patterns for those two things:
Crochet Flower Patterns
Crochet Heart Patterns
64 of 100
100+ Crochet Granny Square Patterns
The classic crochet granny square and all of its variations can continue to inspire us from the beginning to the end of our crocheting lives. Here are some options:Continue to 65 of 100 below.
65 of 100
We will keep those granny square crochet patterns coming with this roundup of 100 patterns over at My Creative Nook.
66 of 100
Crochet Street has also rounded up a bunch of granny square crochet patterns along with tips for making projects using them.
67 of 100
Check out the ten granny square crochet books in this roundup and you'll discover that there are actually hundreds of more designs for granny squares out there!
68 of 100
100+ Christmas Crochet Patterns
Trying to get inspiration to crochet things for Christmas? Check these posts:Continue to 69 of 100 below.
69 of 100
It is possible to crochet everything from the bridal bouquet to the wedding dress. This collection of ideas should inspire any bride.
70 of 100
The Mandalas for Marinke project has collected beautiful, unique crochet mandalas from contributors all around the world. Check out all of them for a major dose of inspiration.
71 of 100
Take a gander at the crochet pillows and cushions that other people have carefully crafted to get a sense of what you might want to make for your own home. The one pictured here is by Marianne Dekkers-Roos.
72 of 100
Each of these crochet boards has its own collection of themed crochet including crochet patterns of all kinds.Continue to 73 of 100 below.
73 of 100
This HubPages collection teaches the basics of learning how to crochet and then shares links to top free crochet patterns.
74 of 100
WonderfulDIY shares that Heidi May is a designer offering more than 100 patterns through Ravelry.
75 of 100
76 of 100
100+ Crochet Circles, Mandalas and Doilies
Looking for inspiration for crocheting in the round? Check these out:Continue to 77 of 100 below.
77 of 100
78 of 100
79 of 100
100+ Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
Got a hankering to crochet some amigurumi or stuffed animals? Here are those roundups:
80 of 100
100 More Amigurumi Crochet PatternsContinue to 81 of 100 below.
81 of 100
100+ Crochet Shawl Patterns
Oddly, we've made it this far without talking about crochet shawl patterns (although some are in that roundup of 100 unique crochet shawls). They're a popular item to make, and you can make them in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Here are 100+ to inspire you:
82 of 100
83 of 100
100+ Inspiring Crochet Dolls
These fascinating crochet art dolls are sure to inspire you:
You might also like to check out this free crochet doll blanket pattern, which can be adapted to suit many dolls.
84 of 100
100+ Crochet Bath PatternsContinue to 85 of 100 below.
85 of 100
86 of 100
100+ Crochet Food Ideas
Yummy! Crochet photos and inspiration for food-inspired craft:
87 of 100
100+ Micro Crochet and Crochet Miniatures
There might not be anything that amazes me more than micro crochet. Get inspired:
88 of 100
100+ Autumn Crochet Patterns
Ideas for what to crochet for Halloween, Thanksgiving and the season of fall.
Thanksgiving PatternsContinue to 89 of 100 below.
89 of 100
100+ Spring and Summer Crochet Patterns
Ideas to crochet as the months of the year warm up.
St. Patrick's Day Crochet
90 of 100
91 of 100
92 of 100
100+ More Things to Crochet
Have you ever thought of crocheting these things?Continue to 93 of 100 below.
93 of 100
This is a collection of 101 crochet projects, designed by a myriad of awesome people, each of which uses only one skein of yarn.
94 of 100
Here is another great book that offers dozens and dozens of patterns. This one is all about purses.
95 of 100
Dogwood Apps publishes this ebook of crochet flower patterns.
96 of 100
This crochet book by Leisure Arts explores one topic - post stitches - in great depth. Fabulous collection.Continue to 97 of 100 below.
97 of 100
There really are more crochet flower patterns than you could ever imagine.
98 of 100