Crochet home decor fits in with almost any style of interior design. If you have a bright, minimalistic home, a single crochet item can add a powerful pop of color. If you love eclectic design then you might add crochet in every room. With so much variation available, you're sure to find something that adds that perfect touch to your space.
You can also turn to these crochet patterns anytime that you need to make a housewarming gift for someone. Whether it's a blanket to help them feel cozy on their new couch or a wall hanging to help decorate an empty space, these projects really add a personal touch to any home.
01 of 08
If you want to make a bold handmade statement in any room of the house then crochet curtains are the way to go. You can crochet full-length curtains or just small valances. Work them in filet crochet for a vintage look, in bold colors for something more eclectic, or in a simple neutral palette for contemporary spaces.
02 of 08
Crochet Rug Patterns
A rug really makes the difference in a space. Make a crochet rag rug to use up fabric scraps and add color to your home. Alternatively, you can make a t-shirt yarn rug or crochet a rug with cotton yarn. Rugs work great in living rooms but may also be used in bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and entryways.
03 of 08
Marie Kondo your house by organizing everything that sparks joy into convenient right-size containers. You can crochet those containers yourself, starting with baskets in every size. Crochet baskets are typically made with thick yarn so that they hold their shape.
04 of 08
Crochet Wall Hangings
Crochet a wall hanging for any room of the house. A series of small ones can work well in a hallway. A large statement piece looks great over a fireplace. You might even make a mixed media fiber art piece combining crochet, knitting, macrame, and weaving.
On the other hand, you can also add art to the home by crocheting small motifs then framing them. You can frame crochet mandalas, doilies, and other circle projects inside of embroidery hoop frames for an elegant design.Continue to 5 of 8 below.
05 of 08
You can use crochet curtains, rugs, and baskets in any room in the house including the kitchen. However, there are also other items that you might crochet for the kitchen only. Crochet adds a homey touch to the house and the kitchen might be the space where you want that most. You might be interested in:
- Free Crochet Coaster Patterns to protect your table from drink rings while also making it prettier.
- Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns to help make cleaning up around the kitchen a bit more fun.
- Free Crochet Hot Pad and Trivet Patterns to use at the table and on the counter.
- Free Crochet Placemat Patterns to pretty up the table.
- Free Crochet Potholder Patterns, which are functional but also make a beautiful wall display.
- Free Crochet Scrubbie Patterns for doing dishes and cleaning the stove top.
- Free Crochet Teapot Cozy Patterns for to warm up your kitchen.
06 of 08
Other Bedroom Crochet Patterns
Crochet can enhance the coziness of any bedroom. The first place you'll want to start with with crochet afghans. Make crochet baby blankets to decorate nurseries. Add a crochet quilt to your own bed. Then put stacks of crochet blankets in the guest room.
You might also want to crochet pillows and cushions for the bedroom. These accent decor pieces also work well on couches in the living room.
07 of 08
Crochet Home Decor for the Bathroom
08 of 08
Additional Crochet Home Decor Patterns
There are so many other ways that you can add crochet to the home including:
- Hang a crochet wreath on a door or wall.
- Decorate with seasonal crochet ornaments.
- Make and fly a crochet American flag.
- String motifs into crochet bunting.
- Make a set of amigurumi items for a themed display.
- Crochet a vase and/or crochet a bouquet of flowers.
- Make other crochet plants including crochet cacti.
- Crochet candle holders, plant holders, and lantern holders.
- Make crochet cell phone cozies and other gadget covers.
If there's something in your home that needs more color, texture, or style then cover it crochet.