01 of 06
Coffin Box Template
Updated to include PDF template
Why not make a gift box with a difference to stamp for Halloween. This coffin looks fiddly to make, however once you get the hang of the folding you will see that it is very similar to a basic folded box. If you would like to make the coffin larger or smaller, simply change the dimensions. Print out the template onto scrap paper first and practice before using good quality paper.
The coffin can be decorated with any rubber stamps and stamping techniques that you... like. Stamp the coffin while it is flat and before assembling it.
- Scrap paper to practice
- Two sheets of black paper (or color of your choice)
- Ruler, scissors, pen
Continue to 2 of 6 below.
- Coffin Gift Box Template - 1
- Coffin Gift Box Template - 2
02 of 06
Cut Around the TemplatePrint out the template. Tip - Practice on scrap paper first.
Transfer the template onto paper. Cut around the template and cut along the 'cut' lines as indicated in the diagram.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Decorate the Coffin with Rubber StampsRubber stamp and decorate the coffin if required (it is easier to do this while the paper is still flat). Fold along the folding lines as indicated.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Complete all of the FoldsMake all of the folds. A folding bone or paper folder will help to produce good and firm creases. Score well before folding to get clean folds.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Assemble the CoffinPut a dab of glue onto the folds at the one end of the coffin. Fold the flaps under the folds at either side of the coffin and glue into place. Repeat at the other end. Tip]: - A tiny fold at the inside edges at the widest point of the coffin will give a more defined shape to the finished coffin. Make the base of the coffin gift box in the same way.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Finish The Coffin Gift Box as Required!
There are many ways to finish this coffin gift box.
- Tie a ribbon around the edge
- Rubber stamp suitably scary images onto a piece of paper, color these in before cutting them out and applying them to the coffin
- Line the coffin with red paper or even fabric
- Add dots of glitter or other embellishments to brighten the coffin
More Halloween Rubber Stamping and Craft Projects
- Free Halloween invitation templates - if you are having a Halloween party or celebration this year, why not create your own custom... invitations using our free templates.
- Greetings and Sentiments for Halloween - add a spookily suitable sentiment to a Halloween craft project for the perfect finishing touch! Whether you are looking for a few words to add to a handmade card or a sentiment for a scrapbook project, we've got a wide range of ideas
- Make Your Own Halloween Foam Stamps - create your own foam Halloween stamps using our templates. These are ideal for making gift wrap and using in other Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- Halloween Rubber Stamping and Craft Project Gallery - ideas for Halloween rubber stamping and craft projects.
- Make a Halloween Candle - use rubber stamps to make a Halloween candle. Simple rubber stamping techniques are all that is required to make these lovely Halloween candles.
- Halloween Templates - use these templates for Halloween themed rubber stamping projects.
- Coffin Gift Box - make this easy coffin gift box using our free printable template.
- Free Halloween Printables - this is a collection of free Halloween printables that will work well with rubber stamping projects. Find free vintage postcards through to stencils.
Halloween Rubber Stamping Hints and Tips
- Essential Halloween Rubber Stamping Supplies List - there are a few rubber stamping essentials that will be useful for many Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- Halloween Rubber Stamping for Beginners - A beginners guide to Halloween rubber stamping. Make your own special Halloween decorations, invitations and much more! Here's a guide to the essentials which will help you get started.
- Buying Halloween Rubber Stamps - tips for buying Halloween rubber stamps for beginners. With a little planning, a few Halloween rubber stamps are all that is required for many Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- How to Pick Colors for Halloween Rubber Stamping Projects - pick a few key colors that can be used in a whole variety of Halloween rubber stamping projects.