Christine Colby is an editorial project manager for Dotdash Meredith’s Home sites. Her work has also appeared in The New York Times, Marie Claire, BUST magazine, Refinery29, and Lifehacker.
- She has worked for a variety of print, digital, and audio publishers including Spotify, Discovery, Inc., Slickdeals, The Lifetime Value Company, and Allure magazine.
- Christine has her M.A. in Media Studies from The New School.
- She is also a Death Companioning Initiate, certified by the School of American Thanatology.
Christine has held editorial and managerial positions at both women’s and men’s lifestyle magazines. She’s edited and fact-checked home and deals content for The Lifetime Value Company and Slickdeals and produced holiday shopping gift guides for Apartment Therapy.
As a writer, she’s been published in The New York Times, Marie Claire, Vice, Lifehacker, Fangoria, among many other outlets, and has written scripts for true crime podcasts. Christine has participated in product testing in past roles, most rigorously for Allure magazine’s Best of Beauty awards. Additionally, she appeared as a journalist expert on The History Channel’s “The UnXplained.”
She recently relocated from Queens to New York’s Hudson Valley, where she is grateful for The Spruce’s expertise as she fights a constant battle to clean, declutter, and repair a 19th-century home.
I’m in love with my Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fryer! I bought it in November, and have probably used it every day since. It does everything and does it faster than either traditional frying or toasting or broiling or baking or whatever I’m doing with it. I’m constantly discovering new recipes to try and different ways to use them.
Christine has her B.A. in American Studies with a minor in Film and Media from George Mason University and her M.A. in Media Studies from The New School. She has also taken courses at NYU in magazine editing and has been certified by the School of American Thanatology as a Death Companioning Initiate.
- “This Chef Wants You to Eat Your Grief” - Vice
- “Death Companioning and How It's Helping Me Get Through the Pandemic” - Marie Claire
- “10 Top-of-the-Line Brand Museums” - Mental Floss
About The Spruce Crafts
The Spruce Crafts, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a DIY craft and hobby site covering helpful tips and step-by-step tutorials from passionate makers. The Spruce Crafts reaches 6 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.