01 of 11
Bunny, Baby Chick, or Egg?
Easter has always been a favorite holiday of mine. I remember how much fun it was making homemade Easter Baskets filled with candy and toys, having an Easter egg hunt and, of course, enjoying a holiday meal with my family.
If you are a room mom at your child's school, or just want to make some extra special Easter themed treat bags for your kids this year this paper craft project will meet your needs! These decorated favor bags are perfect for holding candy, chocolate, and small gifts.
This papercraft project includes a cute Easter Bunny in the Grass, an Easter Egg and an Easter Chick die cut files. These cutouts can be glued to favor bags, or you can adjust the size in your digital die cut software and use them for Easter cards, home decorations, and other types of craft projects. So cute and so versatile!
- White Treat Bags 3-1/4x1-3/4x6 inch ( I used WiltonsFlirty Fleur Favor Bags)
- Repositionable glue stick
- Electronic digital die cut machine
- Purple ribbon or premade purple bow
- Glue gun
- Digital Die Cut File Download
- 9 sheets 8.5 x 11 cardstock (light pink, dark pink, black, medium green, dark purple, purple stripe, yellow, white, and orange)
Quick Tip: Although the cardstock sizes are 8.5 x 11 on the list you can use smaller scraps of colored cardstock if you have these already on hand.
Download the digital die cut files and extract the zip file. There are three folders in the file, one labeled Easter Chick, one labeled Easter Bunny and one labeled Easter Egg. Choose the appropriate files for your die cut machine and cut out the pieces of the treat bag decoration you wish to make from the appropriate colored cardstock.Continue to 2 of 11 below.
02 of 11
Easter Bunny Treat Bag
Continue to 3 of 11 below.
- Apply a layer of glue the back sides of the dark pink bunny ear centers. Press firmly onto the appropriate light pink bunny ears.
- Apply a layer of glue to the back sides of the dark pink circles and apply to the light pink bunny face following the above photo for placement example.
- Apply glue to the back of the bunny whiskers and mouth. The whiskers are quite delicate so make sure to use a light touch when spreading the glue. It may help you to use some tweezers to gently pick up the whiskers and move into place.
- Apply glue to the back of the black eye circles and press into place. Tweezers may also help when you apply the eyes.
03 of 11
Assemble Bunny Bag
Continue to 4 of 11 below.
- Apply a layer of glue with your glue stick on the backside of the bunny head. Place the bunny head tilting towards the left side on the front of the favor bag using the above photo for placement guidance. Press down firmly with your fingers to ensure adhesion to the bag.
- Spread a layer of glue with the glue stick onto the back of the green grass die cut. Place the grass over the bunny head and press firmly into place.
04 of 11
Add the Ribbon
The top of the bag has two holes. You can either run a purple ribbon through them and tie a bow or glue a premade bow to the front of the bag with a glue gun.Continue to 5 of 11 below.
05 of 11
Baby Chick Easter Treat Bag
Continue to 6 of 11 below.
- Cut out all of the Easter Chick pieces on your digital die cut machine from the appropriate colored cardstock.
- Spread a layer of glue on the back of the top white egg die cut. Press firmly into place on top of the yellow circle die cut.
- Spread a layer of glue on the back of the white bottom egg die cut. Press firmly onto the lower part of the yellow cardstock circle.
- Apply glue with glue stick onto the backs of the eyes and beak and press into place using the photo above as a guide.
06 of 11
Assemble the Baby Chick Bag
Apply a layer of glue on the back of the chick in the egg, turn it over and place it onto the center of the favor bag.
Gently press it down firmly to ensure adhesion to the bag.Continue to 7 of 11 below.
07 of 11
Add the Ribbon
Run a purple ribbon through the two top holes and tie the ribbon into a bow, or glue a premade ribbon on the top of the bag with a glue gun.Continue to 8 of 11 below.
08 of 11
Easter Egg Treat Bag
Cut the egg paper parts from the purple cardstock and purple lined cardstock.Continue to 9 of 11 below.
09 of 11
Assemble the Eggs
Continue to 10 of 11 below.
- Apply a layer of glue on the back of the top piece of the striped Easter egg paper part. Turn over and press firmly into place onto the top of the purple paper egg.
- Apply a layer of glue on the backside of the bottom paper piece of the striped easter egg, turn over and press into place.
- Glue the back of the center striped paper egg piece and press into place.
10 of 11
Assemble the Bag
Apply a layer of glue on the back of the egg, turn over and press firmly into place over the center of the white favor bag.Continue to 11 of 11 below.
11 of 11
Add the Ribbon
As with the other favor bags you have the choice of either tying a purple ribbon through the top holes and forming a bow, or using a glue stick to glue on a premade bow to the top of the bag.