Six-inch quilt block patterns can be used to create any type of quilt, but the scale of their patchwork is perfect for baby quilts, wall hangings, lap quilts, and other small projects.
Six-Inch Quilt Blocks Mixed With Other Block Sizes
- Sew a group of four 6" x 6" blocks (two rows of two each) next to a 12" square block.
- Sew a group of four 3" x 3" blocks (again two rows of two each) next to a 6" square block.
- Mix and match any block size that fits to create a puzzle-like quilting project.
Six-Inch Quilt Block Patterns for Your Next Quilt
- Bow Tie Quilt Block Pattern: Choose from three different sizes when you sew this easy version of the traditional Bow Tie quilt block.
- Bug Jar Quilt Block Pattern: Fill these cute jars with bugs, cookies, flowers, or any other novelty print that suits your fancy. Two block sizes are included.
- Cancer Awareness Ribbon Pattern: This awareness ribbon quilt block is rectangular, and can measure either 6" x 7" or 3" x 4".
- Cracker Quilt Block Pattern: A not-so-lovely name but a truly gorgeous quilt block, especially if you love scrap quilts.
More Six-Inch Quilt Blocks to Try
- Flying Geese Quilt Block Pattern
- Four Patch Chain Blocks
- Framed Greek Cross Blocks
- Framed Pinwheel Quilt Block Pattern (two sizes)
- Framed Friendship Stars Quilt Block Pattern
- I Spy Snowball Quilt Block Pattern
- Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern
- Mock Basket Weave Pattern (multiple sizes)
- Ohio Star Quilt Block Variation (multiple sizes)
- Patchwork Hearts Quilt Blocks
- Roman Stripes Quilt Block Pattern
- Sarah's Choice Quilt Block Pattern (multiple sizes)
- Scrappy 16-Patch Quilt Block Pattern
- Scrappy Hearts Quilt Block Pattern
- Ship at Sea Quilt Block Pattern (two sizes)
- Shoo Fly Quilt Block Pattern (two sizes)
- Simplified Maryland Beauty (multiple sizes)
- Single T Quilt Block Pattern (three sizes)
- Susannah Quilt Block Pattern
- Yankee Puzzle Quilt Block Pattern
More Quilt Patterns
You'll find hundreds more free quilt and quilt block patterns in the archives, sorted into galleries that provide thumbnail previews: